Chapter 43: Too Late

Third Person's POV

" WHAT? SPEECHLESS? YOU ARE TRAITORS!! YOUR FATHER AND YOU!! AND I AM A FOOL TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE HELPING ME WITH MY COMPANY WHEN IN REALITY, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WERE DRAGGING ME DOWN FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW! YOU'RE STEALING MY INVESTORS! EVEN POISONING THE MINDS OF SOME OF MY BOARD! FOR WHAT KIM JONGIN? FOR ME TO DEPEND ON YOUR MONEY? FOR ME TO BE UNDER YOUR CONTROL? FOR ME TO BE YOUR ROBOT? FOR ME TO BITE YOUR BATE AND NEVER RETRACT? FOR ME TO LET MY ONLY DAUGHTER TO MARRY YOU?! IF ONLY I KNEW HOW EVIL YOU ARE! I WON'T LET MY DAUGHTER MEET YOU BEFORE! I ALMOST LOST HER BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Jennie's dad is fuming mad right now that he can't control himself but to yell loud. His wife that was hugging Jennie on the corner with Jisoo stood up and approached her husband to soothe him.

Kai looked at Jennie's father dumbfounded but smirked right after a minute. "You're company will go down any time soon CEO Kim, with you doing this, I'll make sure that it will be destroyed and you as well. You know our deal future father-in-law. And besides imprisoning my father and me because of stealing your investors and some of your board members? Are you insane? It's part of the business CEO Kim. You know it very well. Tsk. You just proved how stupid you are. You're making me laugh. " Kai mocked him while laughing sarcastically. His father on the other side just bowed his head and never spoke a word because he knew that fighting or not they will still end up in jail.

Kai stopped laughing and eyed Jennie's father. But CEO Kim just grinned at him. "Are you done laughing Kai? Come on, laugh again. It might be your last laugh before entering the jail." he said insulting Kai.

He then walked towards the police who was in front of his desktop and gave the USB flash drive to him. "This will be my evidence against Kim Jongin and his father. It's a compilation of all the illegal businesses they were doing all over the years." he calmly uttered to the police.

Kai's eyes opened wide after he heard Jennie's father. While Jennie, Jisoo and her mother were confused of what is happening around them at the moment.

The police played the videos and then gasped,"Holy Sh*t! Chief! Chief! Come here! Check this out!" the police called their head officer that quickly ran towards the screen right after.

"Damn! This is great! Fvck! So all this times, you two were the people behind the illegal drugs smuggling in the country? And the human traffickings that we can't have the lead for a fvcking suspect! You're giving us a very hard time finding the main person behind all of these bullshits and in the end, it's you all along, most respected CEO and his son! You two got this very bad." the chief police said in a winning tone.

"You even went to Japan for a business trip when the truth is you're there to sell the innocent girls to foreigners for them to be sex slaves! Are you even a human Kai?!" Jennie's father butted in.

Kai's face ran out of blood. He looks pale and cold sweats running down his forehead. He was left speechless.

"By the way CEO Kim, where did you got this evidences?" the police asked.

"I don't know. Someone just sent it to me this morning. But does it matters? It's clear that they did something against the law." he replied.

"No. It's fine. We will process this first and call you for a statement CEO Kim. I think you should take your daughter home first. She is still in shock state because of what Jongin did to her earlier." the police instructed.

Jennie's father blew one hard punch into Kai's face,"That's for laying your dirty hands on my daughter!" he spat and turned around and approached his family.

"Let's go home." he said in a low voice not looking at his daughter because of shame.
______
Jennie rode Jisoo's car while her parents were on their family car. Her head is spinning because of the turns of unexpected events. It makes her whole body ache but one thing came into her mind, she must see Lisa. With what happened to Kai, maybe it's already fine to see Lisa again. Thinking about seeing Lisa again made her forget all the stressful events that had happened earlier.

"Chu, I'll go to the village. Kai won't interfere anymore and my parents won't stop me this time I guess. I need to see Lisa. I want to be in her arms again Chu." she said with a teary eyes.

"I think you should rest first Jendeukie. You don't look fine. Just go tomorrow, I will accompany you." Jisoo replied.

"Okay, tomorrow then. But it's fine. I can go with myself, besides we still need to drop our statements against Kai. Can you do it for me?" Jisoo looked at her worriedly but still bob her head for agreeing.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone? I can ask Rosie to come with you, do you want it?" Jennie then just nodded. She doesn't have the strength to argue anymore.
______
They reached the Kim's mansion and Jennie's parents were waiting for them inside already.

" Jennie, can we talk? " her dad asked.

" Not now dad. Please. I don't have anything else to say." Jennie said, actually she doesn't know what to feel though Kai ended up in jail, it's still too late for her dad to feel sorry, a lot of damage had been done already. It won't change the fact that a part of her were already destroyed because of his dad's obliviousness.

"But I will ask you one thing. Just one thing. Let me see Lisa. I'm begging you." she said now crying. Lisa is the only one she needed right now because her Lili is the only one who can calm her down in any circumstances.

Her dad looked at her with sorrow in his eyes. He understands that it's not easy for his daughter to accept his apology right now because he knew that he has caused a lot of pain to his only princess. He held Jennie's hand and kissed the top of it. "Do what you think that makes you happy. I won't be a villain anymore. I'm sorry my princess. Money blinded me but it didn't changed the fact that I love you. I love you so much my baby." he said trying to stop his tears but sooner betrayed him by falling rapidly.

Jennie was taken aback, she pitied her father but still doesn't have the heart to forgive yet. She needs to see the love of her life first.

"Thank you Dad." the only thing she can utter before removing her hand from his father's hold. She then turned around and make her way to her bedroom with Jisoo tailing at her back.

Her dad can't take it any longer, he knelt on the floor crying so hard and regretting everything he had done. His wife approached him whose also crying and hugged him firmly.

"It is time to be real parents to our daughter hon. Maybe it's too late to regret things but it's not too late to make it up to her. She suffered a lot because of us. Our poor baby." Mrs. Kim said between her sobs.
________

Guys! Guys! My book turned one month old today! Yay! How about 2 more chapters later?! And let's see if it will be a good chapter. Haha

Happy 1st Monthsary to us lovies! I am so so happy. Still, please bear with me. I just want to give every details on point because I don't want confusion in this story. I don't want questions in the end like, what happened to blabla? Did blabla like this or like that? Hahahaha! Something like that. So please, understand me and be patient. I love you!