34 | ALL OF ME

Roman sat straight up in bed and couldn't believe what she'd said

Roman sat straight up in bed and couldn't believe what she'd said. Sex affected her in ways he didn't understand. Give her an orgasm, she gives him a company. "Not a good idea, Zoya."

"Why not?"

She looked so wide-eyed and innocent and he wanted her again. It would have to wait because he needed to set her straight. "Weren't you paying attention when I said people will judge you?"

She folded her arms and frowned. "I don't care."

"Well, I do. Besides, think about your dad. He'd never want you to give part of your legacy away. Especially not to me."

"He..."

Roman held up his hand. "Not right now. Now come to bed."

She flopped next to him. "You're so bossy."

He reached for his pants and she groaned. "Stay naked."

He smiled. "I am, but I have something for you." He reached inside his pocket, then settled beside her again. "It isn't much, but it belonged to Charamel, so I hope the sentiment means more than a price tag."

She shook her head. "I'm not a typical rich kid."

He took her hand and gazed into her eyes. "I know. Let's make this official." Roman slipped the ring onto her finger and she held it up in the dim light. Damn thing was so small, it didn't sparkle much, but she stared at it like it was The Great Star of Africa.

"It fits perfectly. Like it should be mine. I love it." A moment later, she graced him with the same euphoric smile that he imagined Aphrodite had worn as she emerged from the sea foam of Cyprus.

He cleared his throat. "Later, I'll buy you something bigger. Say, maybe for our first anniversary."

She reached over and switched on the bedside lamp, then poised her hand in midair. "It's beautiful. I don't remember ever seeing Charamel wear this."

"After Lolo died, she put it away. The middle stone is from her original engagement ring. He had it remounted in the circle of diamonds for their twenty-fifth anniversary. It'll have to pull double duty for now, but later, we'll have a custom band done. Whatever you want."

"No," she stared at the band, simple, but perfect. "I love it."

From the corner of his eye, Roman caught a glimpse of the painting on the opposite wall. "Holy shit!"

Zoya jumped at the outburst. "What?"

He pointed. "I thought you said the picture you took in the barn was for your eyes only. Damn, Zoya. You've painted me in living color on—what is that, a five foot canvas?"

"Yeah."

He ran his hand over his face. Something about seeing himself naked and mounted on a wall made him uneasy. He thought the exhibit paintings were bad, but this was pornographic. "Thank God you didn't include this in the gallery."