Letters to Prince Chapter 23

Dear Prince,

Thank you for your letter.  Your words both touched my heart and were so true to who I have learned you are that I could almost hear your voice as though you were speaking to me.  I was so stunned to see those words..."I truly have fallen in love with the sweetness of who you are", in your handwriting directed to me.  Despite my weakening condition, I was so very happy and energized by my joy.  I got up and made brownies for my grandchildren, which I have not felt up to doing for a long while.  I was really tired afterwards but your words lifted me up so high that for a little while, I felt I could do anything.  The only thing I want to do going forward is to thank God for the gift of you and to discover all of the things you like...that bring you to a place of contentment and then do them daily so that you know just how much your presence in my eternal life means to me. I want to do those things so that you know without question that you are loved more than anyone in all of the universes in Creation.  

Prince I am still not experiencing any meaningful pain, but I no longer get hungry much.  I nibbled on some pasta today that my daughter made and ate half a brownie...but I just don't feel hungry anymore and I have started to lose weight.  My doctor threatened to put me on a stomach tube,  but I have decided I will not let them.  If I feel hungry I will eat.  If I don't I won't and right now I don't.  I pulled out a picture of me as I was some years ago and looked at it for a little while and sent you the picture in thought.  Maybe you will know what I looked like as a young and healthy woman.  Right now I look old and tired most of time...because that is how I feel.  That is new for me because I have always had so much energy.  But all things change and eventually come to an end of some sort.  But I keep reminding myself that is not for always...someday I will have vigor again and maybe look like my old self...

someday I will have vigor again and maybe look like my old self

I really loved the song that you sent me...it is one of my favorites and I think one of the most moving ones you ever wrote.  I have played it often throughout the day since I received it, when I was awake.  Each time I smile as I hear your voice.  Your voice and its range is one of the most beautiful things that I have ever heard.  I think it may be one of the most beautiful things in all Creation.  I have never tired of it in 40 years and I know that I never will. The only thing that pleases me more is the thought of holding your hand or kissing your lips or just sitting and talking with you about anything and everything.  I pray that we will do that soon. 

I do not feel we will be writing to each other for much longer.   I have been sleeping even more in the last week.  Yesterday I was awake for only 5 hours and slept the rest of the day and night away.  When I complete this letter I am going to lay down and I know sleep will not be far behind.  It is very hard for me to stay awake at this point.  But before I go, I want to say thank you for being in my life as I go through this last part of my journey.  It has made it far more bearable and I cannot tell you how much I love and appreciate you because of it.  I await the moment when I will see you for the first time in the light with great anticipation and joy.  Just thinking about that moment gives me warm feelings in my tummy.

My sweet and gentle man...please know in your heart and in your mind that I love you...and I always will.

Marie