Letters to Prince Chapter 24

Prince opened the letter from Marie and read the true and beautiful words that she had written.  Despite the fact that they were describing her end of life experience, they were beautiful to him.  Their beauty was found in him hearing she was having no pain and knowing that their loving God was the reason.  There was also beauty in the fact that his words telling her his truth of his feelings for her had given her a burst of energy that although short lived,  allowed for her to connect to her grandchildren once more as she repeated an often performed ritual of making brownies for them.  Clearly it was something she had enjoyed doing over many years and had added one more time to both their memories and hers.  He smiled knowing that his words of love had contributed to that and made her happy.  He noted her sharing how much more she was sleeping and as he did he remembered the end of his own human journey and recognized that things were coming quietly to an end for her as they did for him.  He had wanted to sleep so much more in his last months of life. He prayed that she would slip away in her sleep and open her eyes to the light of heaven and to the light in his eyes as he greeted her for the first time as she entered the light.  He prayed that she would be pleased with all she saw, especially what she saw in him.  

Dear Marie,

I have received and read your letter with great interest and empathy and joy.  I am glad that you are not having  any pain and that you found the words of my last letter uplifting and energizing.  I know your grandchildren enjoyed the brownies and I enjoyed so much hearing about them.  I feel great care for those that you are leaving behind.  They obviously mean so much to you and you so much to them.  I know they will miss you and grieve for you when you return home to heaven.  If you can, remind them before you go that they will see you again and you will be waiting for them in the light of God.  Those words will comfort them greatly on their most difficult days that lie ahead.  While I truly regret their loss to come, I cannot help but feel great joy in knowing that soon I will see you for the first time here in heaven.  I have received your picture and must say Marie that you are a very beautiful woman who looks as gentle as the words you put on paper sound.  I look forward to that moment of meeting and hope that you will not be disappointed in what you see in me when you arrive.  I know that you will love heaven...as it is the more beautiful than you can imagine.  I hope you will also love this man named Prince who has fallen deeply in love with the sweetness of  your soul.

When you arrive please do not be offended if I sit and look at you and hold your hand for a time.  I have a feeling that it will take me a minute to adjust to my good fortune.  Who would have ever thought I would find the one with whom I would spend my eternity through death.  But I have and I will and I am completely content because of it.  My dearest Marie, I have sent you a song that had special meaning to me as I was ending my earthly life.  Know that I will be sending you thoughts of love, thoughts of the New Jerusalem where we will spend our eternity...together, thoughts of endless joy and happiness with the only obligation being to worship our God and love one another and all other living souls of light.   Those thoughts will act as a guide to finding your way back home...your way to me because Marie, in you, I have found my home.  

Soon my sweet girl...I love you,

Prince