Waking up

Cameron's POV
I hear a knock on the door as I'm sitting in the living room watching TV. I get up and open it to see Lauren standing there.

"Hey Lauren what are you doing here"

"Hey Cam I just need to tell you something really important"

"Ok" I walk out onto the porch closing the front door behind me.

"So what's up"

"I-ilikeyou"

"Laur slow down"

"I like you" she said shyly. I just stood there shocked but with the biggest grin on my face.

"Cam please say something" I just looked at her and put my hands on her waist.

"I like you too" Lauren smiled and we started to lean in.

"Cam, Cam, Cam" I groan being woken up by my sister.

"Cam mom made dinner come down" i look at the time and realize it's 7:32 pm. Did I really just sleep through the whole day? And I can't believe that was a dream. I get up and walk downstairs to see everyone already at the table waiting for me. I sit down at the head with chili and rice on my plate. We say grace then dig into our dinner. After dinner I walk back upstairs and get in blue pajama pants and a white shirt. I look at my phone seeing I got a text from Lauren.

Lauren🧡🧡: Hey Cam I just wanted to apologize for having to leave early I was wondering if we could go get coffee again another time to make up for me leaving unexpectedly

I just stared at the text not knowing what to say. On one hand I really want to get coffee with her but on the other hand I don't want to end up falling for her because that would be a total train wreck.

Me: Yea totally we should go another time let me know when

I waited patiently for Lauren to reply.

Lauren🧡🧡: Yay lol does tomorrow around 10:00 again sound good?

Me: Sounds perfect 👌

I clicked my phone off and ended up going to bed earlier than I thought I would.

Next morning
This morning I was awoken by my neighbors dog barking vigorously outside my window. I went to check the time and saw it was 6:30. I kicked off the duvet and went into my bathroom then I changed into black jean shorts and a red t-shirt. I walked over to my guitar that was standing in the corner of the room (yes I play guitar and sing a little). I started quietly strumming different chords. That's when it hit. A bunch of song lyrics just came pouring out as I kept writing them down on a piece of paper. I looked over at the clock and realized it was 8:49. I didn't realize that I had been playing for so long. So I got up and headed down to the kitchen. I walked over to the fridge and saw a note from my sister.
Went for a jog see y'all later
I laughed at how she said y'all cause she has never said that in her life. I opened up the fridge and pulled out the milk and grabbed a bowl for my cereal. My mom then came downstairs.

"Good morning honey"

"Morning mom"

"How did you sleep last night"

"Pretty good. Hey I'm going out to Starbucks in a little while. Just thought I should tell you"

"Ok sweetie just be careful"

"Always" I start going back up to my room realizing it's only 9:15 which means I have some time to kill because Starbucks is only ten minutes away from the house. So I pick up my guitar again and continue working on the song I am writing. Realizing it is now 9:49 I Make my way downstairs.