Chapter 16

~Brooke's P.O.V~

I thought about the guy's question (which I learned that his name is Cole, Cole King).

"I was kidnapped-

"Wait a second!" Cole interrupted, "What do you mean you were kidnapped!?"

"Uhm. As I was saying, I was kidnapped because I needed a break from my parents, got lost, and then a guy found me, knocked me out, and kidnapped me. So I escaped and eventually found you." I said giving him a pointed look, "Happy now?"

"More or less." He said seriously.

I nodded but said nothing more.

After a moment of silence Cole decided he couldn't handle it so he just began talking. I mean literally talking as if we had been friends for years.

"Okay. So is it okay with you if we stop by at my house for a second?" Cole asked after he had finished telling me about his family.

It turned out he had a slightly younger brother and two older siblings, a brother and a sister.

I also learned that he was in the same grade as me and went to our school's rivaling school. If that made any sense. Which in some ways it did.

When we reached his house it was pouring. Cole and I rushed to the front porch, which thankfully had a cover over it.

Cole knocked on the door and we waited outside for a few seconds when a woman opened the door.

"Cole! Where have you-Oh....Who is this?" She asked kindly.

"Hello! Sorry for intruding. My name is Brooke." I answered smiling.

"Nice to meet you Brooke. I am Jakie. Why don't you come in?" She said lightly hugging me.

Once I did I explained what had happened. When I was finished Jakie nodded understanding, "Well you can stay here as long as you like dear."

At that I went up and hugged her. No forced marriages, no parents that practically can't stand, the only thing I will miss are my siblings and my friends and who said I couldn't visit them?

"Thank you so much Jakie! This really means a lot to me!" I said almost crying tears of joy.

"I'm glad dear. You don't mind going to Cole's school, though, do you?" She asked uncertain.

I thought about it, "I'm not sure....do you think I could think about it some more?"

She nodded, "Take as much time as you need, but we need to get you to school at some point."

"One problem though, people are still looking for me." I said suddenly frowning.

"Your right." She agreed, "It is your decision, but I think it's best if we take this to court or maybe talk to your parents about it."

"I think it's best if I talk to my parents about it." I said firmly. I'm sure they would understand if I needed a break. Maybe.

"But right now," Jakie said grinning, "I think it is best if we ate first!"

It turns out Jakie was an amazing cook. As we ate we took the time to get to know one another.

I also got to know Cole's siblings. In my opinion they were amazing (though not as amazing as my own).

As we started to wrap up we decided to wait until tomorrow to talk to my parents.

That night was one of the best nights I had ever had.

——————————————————

What will happen now. Dun dun duuun! Find out in the next episode of The Player's Fiancée. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!(Though it did take quite a turn!)
VOTE 🗳
COMMENT ⌨️
SHARE 🕊
                         LokidaughterM❤️