RR|06

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kyree

          "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kyree. Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!" Riley and Kairo sang excitedly.

It was cutting the cake time and giving out party bags for Kyree so everyone gathered up to sing for him and watched as he gave out his goodies. Kairo was still attached to Riley's hips and every move she made, Kash was watching her like a hawk with her ignoring all of his hateful glares.

Some part of her understood why he was so angry but the other part of her just wanted him to understand why she was holding on to this moment. The power of anything was in Kash's hands and she knew that if he really wanted Kairo to be removed from her hands that he had the means to do so.

"Do you want some cake Kairo?" She asked and wiped the sweat beads that was forming around his head.

"Hmm, yes!" He shouted and Riley smiled at him before grabbing him a piece of cake and two goodie bags.

Walking over to an empty table, she sat down and kept him in her lap as she helped him cut into his cake. She watched him bite into it while dancing happily with each bite that he took.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Someone asked.

Riley looked up and scowled at the person before her. "Mommy!" Kairo screamed and raced out of her lap to go towards Nadine.

That was painful to hear and it was taking everything in her to not get up and snatch Kairo out of Nadine's arms. She wasn't his damn mother and that's something that Kash shouldn't have allowed Kairo to call Nadine like she was the one in labor with him for thirteen hours.

"Hey, big boy. Are you having fun?"

Kairo nodded and placed some kisses on Nadine's face. "I had so much fun and she took me on the bouncing castle." He pointed at Riley.

It now dawned on her that in little Kairos eyes she was nothing but a stranger to him but some part of him had to feel comfortable around her because when anyone else at the party touched him and he didn't know that person—he would coward away from their touch.

That alone was giving her a lot of hope just to know that all of this won't be in vain and eventually he won't be calling Nadine his mother but her. "It's time for gifts everyone and then you guys can leave!" Wynter announced and swallowed the lump in her throat.

She was witnessing Nadine and Riley the whole time and she knew it was only a matter of seconds before Riley was going to blow up at Kyree's party and potentially ruin it for him and Wynter didn't need that on her plate.