RR|13

Kash made an attempt to step towards Riley again but she took one right back away from him and that hurt him like hell

Kash made an attempt to step towards Riley again but she took one right back away from him and that hurt him like hell. "Ril-." He started to say but was interrupted from a low whimpering cry that wasn't coming from Riley. "Is that the baby?"

Riley, who felt weak in her knees and arms was stunned as she listened to the tiny baby make noise in her arms. "Sh-. She's crying. We have to get to the Hospital Kash."

Without thinking twice, Kash walked over to Riley and lifted both her and the baby in his arms and he was grateful that she didn't fight back because of what happened earlier. He was scared shitless from the results of everything that happened today.

If this baby was to die, he didn't know how he would even cope with it. How can one cope with a loss as such? A child that was created, a child that you didn't know you could love because you weren't even aware of her but yet, he still wanted to hold her; kiss her and tell her that everything was going to be okay even if he didn't feel so confident hisself.

Faith carries you a long way and that's what had him speeding through traffic with a bloody shirt with Riley crying and praying for the baby's survival in the backseat. Wiping his eyes fresh from the tears that desperately wanted to fall, he continued to focus on the road so he won't cause a collision between him and other car goers.

His hazardous lights were on and they were like only ten minutes away from the hospital but yet none of them thought to call either of their parents to inform them of what was going on.

Before taking a right turn, blue and red lights flashed through the back window of the car. Right away it sent Riley into a frenzy, "Y-you can't stop Kash."

Kash looked at her through the rear view mirror but it was no going pass them since a next squad car parked in front of him to stop him from moving. "What the hell is going on?"

"Step out of the car slowly and show us your hands." One officer shouted out.

Sighing, Kash stuck his hands out of the door and carefully stepped out of the car with Riley crying in the back. It didn't take long for the two officers in the back to approach him drawing out their guns. "Where you been boy? You been doing some hunting with that blood all over you?"

Kash inwardly groaned there was nothing like a white man to test a black one by calling him boy. "Officers, I'm just trying to take my girlfriend to the Hospital. We di-." He started to say before one of them sent their batons flying down across his back.

Riley, who was in pain reached out and let her window down. "What are you guys doing!? He's just trying to get us to the hospital!"

"Shut up negro." One spat.

"D-Don't talk to her like that."

"And who gonna stop us?" They all laughed and taunted Kash who had now stood back up.