RR|18

As much as Riley wished she could've put   everything that was going on in her life on hold just to find her kids

          As much as Riley wished she could've put   everything that was going on in her life on hold just to find her kids. There was just somethings that needed her attention and one of those things being Kash's court dates.

Today was the day where the police officers were finally going to get a verdict on what they might or might not be charged with from the beating that they gave to Kash along with a settlement from the state for the injustice that was placed upon them that night when it was clear that it was an emergency.

Kash was suing for emotional distress on behalf of himself, Riley and Kalise and to add on to things, he was throwing in the mix of his hospital fees along with Kalise's for the hold up that was caused during the beating.

It's been a week since Kairo and Kalise was taken and they hadn't received a lead on where they could possibly be and Riley was starting to lose her mind to where she was barely talking to anyone and she no longer felt whole.

She wanted nothing to do with Kash because the sight of him just takes her back to the two people that means the world to her and all she wanted to do was see their faces and hear their laughs but she couldn't all because of a self deranged bitch.

She was tempted to even go over by Nadine's mother house and hold the bitch hostage but she had to remind herself that Nadine's mother were unaware of her actions so she shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of her daughters stupidity.

The lead juror in the case stood up and cleared her throat as Kash looked nervous in his seat next to his lawyer. The whole family was here to support him through this and everyone was just anxious to see the outcome and hoped that it would be a different one from what everyone was used to seeing in the tabloids and online.

"We the jurors find the defendants guilty in first degree assault. We the jurors find the defendants guilty on all counts of emotional and physical distress. We the jurors find the state guilty of paying Mr. Kash Simmons, two million dollars and we the jurors sentence the defendants to ten to twenty years in prison." The lead juror read off as the courtroom erupted into cheers from the black people and the groans from the cops that decided to attend.

This was a big relief for the Simmons and Connor family. This trial had been a long unforgiving one with the many pushed back dates and physical therapies that Kash had to go to and this was the last thing that needed to be focused on because now their full attention was going to go back onto their kids and finding out where in the fuck their kids could possibly be.

Giving off an awkward smile, Riley looked at Kash as he walked to her with a slight limp with a huge smile on his face before leaning in and kissing her cheek. "Can you at least try not to grimace so hard at my touch?" He whispered in her ear like he was tired of her shit before pulling away and talking to his parents.

Riley didn't know what to say and she didn't even want to move from her spot but she knew that she had to because they were all supposed to go over to Kash's parents house for a celebratory dinner party that they were throwing him.