Chapter 6

They got me. I let my guard down one freaking time and they got me good. I have no idea whose idea it was, and I was completely not expecting it. You see it was perfectly normal looking when I woke up in the morning. Everyone acted normal and I didn't suspect for a second that anything was wrong.

My uniform was perfect, my homework was intact and breakfast went fine. Even lunch went the same as always and I told the guys we were sitting with the seniors for the movie. Micah was particularly happy about that.

We ate an early dinner and I ran upstairs to change and get ready for the evening. I scrubbed myself down with body wash and then gave my hair a good shampooing. It was only as the 'shampoo' was going down the drain that I realised something was wrong.

It wasn't white and sudsy. Nope. It was electric blue. My eyes widened in shock as I finished rinsing my hair. There was nothing I could do but go see what the damage was.

I walked into the outer bathroom and checked in the mirror. My blond locks were now unmistakably blue. I hadn't left it in long enough to set it in too bright, but it was still jarringly different and would get a good laugh.

I couldn't help myself and I totally cracked up at the sight. A couple guys came in to see what the fuss was about; they must not have been in on the joke. They laughed with me and gave me props for not freaking out too badly.

I dried off and got in a white undershirt and blue plaid pajama pants. Might as well work it, since it was done already. I made my way down the hall with catcalls and waves. I was blushing as I descended the stairs and had to bolster myself before walking into the common room.

The group was there already, sitting with Vincent and four other seniors at the back of the room. Alec saw me first and his eyes got big as saucers. Everyone turned to see what had his attention and the room went quiet as I made my way over to sit down.

Vincent looked incredulous. I knew it was bad. No, not bad exactly, just shocking. I mean my hair was really, really blue. Hazards of having pale blond hair was that it took colour well.

"What the hell?" Alec finally said. I laughed and shrugged.

"I forgot to lock my door last night." I replied. Harold almost tripped on his way to putting the movie in because he was too busy staring over at me.

"Yeah, but it's been months..." Mike breathed. Ferret was shaking his head.

"I guess the seniors are pretty patient." I grinned over at Vincent and he returned the look. The tension broke as the movie started on the screen. I scooted back against the wall, the seniors making a spot for me, right between Reggie and Vincent.

"I think it looks good." I heard Vincent whisper next to me. I glanced over and his eyes were on the blue locks.

"Thanks." I breathed back to him. Then he met my eyes.

"Really brings out your eyes." He smiled again, and I felt that hot feeling in my chest again before we both looked away to watch the movie. I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on as the movie played.

I had never seen it before, but I wouldn't remember it after it was done anyways. I gave up even trying to follow it as Vincent laughed next to me and our shoulders brushed from close proximity. I had to concentrate on just breathing.

I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and saw Micah was holding one hand behind his back to hold Reggie's hand during the movie. It probably wasn't noticeable to anyone else in the dim light of the room. Micah turned his head at movement from me and we exchanged knowing smiles.

Alec shifted and we turned back to the screen slowly as though nothing had happened. When it was over, we alternately helped each other up and shoved each other over. Typical.