Chapter 8

We probably should have gotten into trouble, but there wasn't a soul that would say anything against The Vincent Wright. It was a surprise to his buddies when he was not in his room the next morning. A rather amused couple of senior guys stood out in the hall as the man himself did the walk of shame from my room.

Can you call it the walk of shame if nobody feels shameful? I don't know. My face was too hot from the ridiculous kisses he left me steaming with to think. I was too busy staring at the half-naked man who strolled out the door with tousled hair and a shit-eating grin. I was far too occupied with calming my racing heart so I could get ready for classes.

I felt like I was in a dream. The boy I liked, that hot piece of senior ass that everyone looked up to as a God in the halls, was officially my boyfriend. I thought maybe he would be like Reggie and hide it to a certain degree, but boy was I wrong. He didn't seem to give a rat's ass who knew that we were 'together.'

He waited for me to go to breakfast with him. He helped me tie my tie, again. He smiled at me. In front of everybody. What is a poor boy like me supposed to do? Drool is what. I tried to play it cool. It was so hard though. Especially with Micah's eyes nearly popping out of his head at the two of us.

"I'll see you tonight after classes, yeah?" He casually said as he walked off in the morning with a wink. I just tilted my head up and stumbled the opposite direction with my friends. The guys were giving me a hard time and I couldn't stop grinning.

"Oi, what's with you and Wright?" Ferret squinted at me and looked back over his shoulder.

"Are you an him friends now? You aren't going to ditch us or anything are you?" Alec was looking a little worried and Mike just had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Shut up Alec. He can hang with Wright if he wants to." Roger grumbled as we walked the halls.

"I didn't say he couldn't hang with him. I was just saying I don't want him to ditch us." Alec protested as we rounded the corner and split up.

"Relax Alec, I am not going to stop hanging with you guys." I grinned at his relieved expression.

"Oh good." He mumbled as we walked into class with Micah trailing behind.

"I mean, unless you mind hanging out with some seniors after classes..." I trailed off with a smug grin on my face.

"Eh? What does he mean?" Alec asked with a confused look. Micah shushed him as we sat down for Math with the other students. "But I don't get it..."

"Shut up. I will tell you later." Micah hissed at him as the teacher walked in and took role call. The lesson started and neither of them had time to talk or ask me questions again until after it was over. By that time Alec had forgotten what he had been talking about before we got there.

I slipped away to my next class and noticed a few looks being shot in my direction from seniors as I passed. They were not exactly rude or friendly, just curious maybe? I shrugged it off as nothing. I wouldn't worry about it unless it was obvious bullying or something. It was a bit of a shock how fast news travelled in that place though.

It wasn't until after lunch that I figured out what was being said, and purely on accident. I headed to the toilets between classes and ducked into a stall. The room had been empty when I went in but it was soon noisy with a few other guys being rowdy at the sinks.

"Hey, you hear about Number One and Number Two?" One of the guys was telling the others as they gossiped about fellow students. The guy that was talking about his lab partner shut up and turned off the water. What were they talking about?