Chapter 12

The dorms were pure chaos. People running up and down the stairs, shouting though the halls, parents waiting outside and milling in the common rooms, and guys running into each other with their bags in their arms.

I stayed back in my room to watch most of it with a smile on my face. My bag was full of stuff on my bed, and I was standing with my shirt open and hair unbrushed. Reggie passed by to talk to someone and shoved me back into the room.

I laughed and shot him the finger. I glanced the other direction and saw Nate talking animatedly to a younger kid with his same hair. He glanced up and gave me a wave. I waved back and ducked into my room.

I buttoned up my shirt, tucked it into my old jeans, and then tackled the mess on my head. I threw my brush into my bag and zipped up the toiletries. Last thing I needed was shampoo all over my stuff.

"Hey hot stuff. You ready?" Vince was standing at the door looking delicious. I grinned at him and threw my new runners on top of my clothes.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I quipped back. I zipped up the bag and then grabbed my nice jacket. I swung the dark blue scarf around my neck and then slipped into the arms.

"Damn boy. You look great. My parents should be here to get us any minute, so we should head downstairs." He had his bag at his feet and someone swore at him as they tripped over it in the hall.

"Thank god the blue mostly washed out." I mumbled as I grabbed the bag off the bed and draped the carry strap over my shoulder.

"I don't know. I kind of liked it." Vincent was sending me a cheeky grin and I rolled my eyes. All our attention turned to getting downstairs without running someone over or getting mowed down ourselves.

"I doubt it would make a good first impression." I reasoned. He laughed.

"It's no worse than my brothers and I have done over the years. Relax Alex. You have nothing to worry about." He grabbed my free hand as we walked through the common room, and although it was a bit awkward, I liked it.

It was calming to have him leading me though the chaotic group. I didn't even notice if there were any looks our way. I was too busy watching his strong back as he confidently walked ahead.

"Hey Alex! Have a good holiday!" I turned my head to smile at Mike as I passed by.

"Yeah you too Mike." I called back.

"Alex, man, give me a shout over the break." Alec came walking up beside us and I nodded to him.

"Of course. I got your number in my tablet. I can shoot you a message and we can Skype or something later." I replied. He smiled and headed off. We broke through the doors into the cold outside and I shivered.

Vince dropped his bag on the ground and I swung mine onto the dirt next to it. I flapped the opening on my jacket shut and did up a few buttons. My free hands went into my pockets and I shot my brows up when I felt something inside.

I pulled it out. It was my phone. My mom had hidden my phone inside my jacket pocket. I grinned at it and tucked it back away. Damn my mum was awesome. I had been missing that thing for months.

"Kipling Otterson, you get back here right this minute!" A rather tall woman shouted from a large black Cadillac.

"Dammit Mom! How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that!" Ferret was storming across the grounds towards me. I raised a brow at him and smirked.

"Kipling?" I teased him. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't you start. Have a good Christmas, man." He gave me a slap on the back and turned to Vince. "Watch out for him, ya?"