The Light That Shines In The Dark

Soon the car ran up the driveway near the howling woods, Blare had his face pressed agenst the cold window as the afternoon light brighten his golden eyes. "Haven't seen this place taken since I was just a' kid, Its been a while since i've been here" Richard said as he continued to drive, soon stopping in the drive way. At this time the started to set, Blare started to get his stuff ready before he got out the car. Damien decided to take to Blare outside the car. "Hey, Last thing to tell ya before we leave..." Damien said to blare as he stood with his hands in his jean pockets. Blare got his stuff out the car before he looked at Damien confused. "Be careful, tha ghost only appears at night, if you spot and talk to em, beware its-" "DAMMY HURRY UP, YOU MA WANTS US TO GET THA GROCERIES!!" Richard said as he interrupted what Damien was about to say, "Anyway be careful, see you on Monday, tell mah what you find," Damien quickly went back to the car. Soon the car disappear as the night started to arrive.

       Blare went inside to put his stuff away, but he got greeted by Midnight, who purred while rubbing onto Blare's leg. It seemed to be happier than ever, usually it was either lazy or a trouble maker, which it would make a mess in the house. But there was no mess, the house was perfectly clean just as he left it. Blare was speechless, maybe it was that Midnight liked the place, He doubt that, it was still old and seemed to be in the edge to fall apart. Blare picked Midnight up as the cute kitten licked his noise, "Aw, well I love you to bud," Blare said as he nuzzled the cute little fur ball, as it meowed and hopped out his grip after, it went by its empty bowl and meowed again, "Ok ill feed you, just let me put my stuff away first" Blare said as he placed his book bag onto the kitchen table, and his bike by the front door. Blare went and find the can of cat food from the boxes by the table, opening it with a can opener by it, as he gently grabbed the bowl and with a spoon, he'd use it to take the food out the small can into the bowl, then placing it on the floor for Midnight to eat. Blare sighed, as he was a bit hungry, maybe he can cook something up for him and for his parents. And idea popped up in his mind, 'Maybe hot rice pudding!' Blare thought, as he usually made it when his parents where out and couldn't cook, hopefully they had packed the ingredients and that they where also fresh and not expired. Blare looked around though the book boxes for mom's cook book, soon he found it. flipping though pages he found the recipe for rice pudding, and how she made it step by step. 

𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴:

*1 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 *2 𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘔𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘢 𝘪𝘧 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦*12 𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬(𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘭𝘬 - 12𝘰𝘻)*14 𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬 (𝘕𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘓𝘢 𝘓𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘢 14 𝘰𝘻)*2 𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬*𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩

 (𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 - 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦)

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘵, 𝘱𝘶𝘵 2 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯/𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘷𝘦

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙩𝙬𝙤𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩, 𝘮𝘪𝘹 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 2-3 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯. 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 15 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵.

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘴 (𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬, 𝘕𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘓𝘢 𝘓𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘢 14 𝘰𝘻, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘭𝘬 - 12𝘰𝘻,). 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘶𝘮/𝘭𝘰𝘸.𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘪𝘭. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘺. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 40 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦.

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 (𝙀𝙭𝙩𝙧𝙖)𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘭/𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦.

      The steps where simple and easy, though half of it was written in Spanish, since Blare's mom side was half Hispanic, Blare could read it easily. When Blare was finished making the rice pudding, he served himself and headed upstairs, Moonlight followed behind. It was dark now, checking the time, it was 7pm. Blare also took his book bag upstairs to also do homework. Moonlight, wanting attention, always tried to make Blare pet them. Blare sighed for the fact that he needed to focus on his studies, moonlight wouldn't stop bothering him.  

    When Blare gave up and decided to give Moonlight his attention, it hopped off the bed and climbed onto the closed window. Blare wondered why it would want to be by the window, Blare got up as Moonlight meowed, "Why would you wanna be by the window when there nothing her-" There it was, A light in the darkness, as it was to bright to see what it was. Blare could shape out a person, more specific, A girl in a dress, blare didn't know what colors she had, since all he saw was just white, even see through. Blare opened the window to take a closer look, her dress was long enough to be a gown, as it was also sleeve, her hair was long as it blew in the wind, Blare couldn't see every detail of what she looked like. 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬. The girl looked at a direction where footsteps could be heard, as it scared it enough to flee into the woods, "Hey don't go!" Blare said, but it was too late. The strong bright light disappeared into the woods with out any trace of where it went. 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘬. A door was opened from downstairs, "Blare where home!" the sound of a soft, gentle, and yet tired voice came from downstairs. Blare quickly closed the window  and putted his school stuff away and started to head downstairs. Both his mom and dad were home. "Thanks for making something to eat, we really appreciate it," Mom said as she smiled warming at Blare, "Yeah, thanks kid, today was a long day, anyways why did you yell 'hey don't go' upstairs?" Dad said. Blare hesitated for a second as he tried to think of a cover up for what happened. " oh- well Midnight was walking away from me when I wanted to cuddle with them, (qwq)" Blare said. "I'm going to head upstairs to bed by the way" Blare made a fake yawn, "I'm really tired from the homework and all, goodnight" Blare parents where confused at first but gave a goodnight hug before they let Blare head to bed. Blare got ready to sleep, as all on his mind was wounder, who that girl was, why Damien was the nice to him, but mostly, what was he going to do?

(so the recipe was actually one that my parents would do, feel free to try it out for yourself, ^^ *if some of the text doesnt show on phone, try reading on a computer :D)