What Sees In Anothers Eye

Hearing the sound of car doors excited me, as it was years since people moved to the house down the hill. I watched as people got out the car. A man, women, and a boy, thats when I started to worry, shes gonna take them, and use me as bait like the others. Why me? She always kept me from the start, promising each time that it was the last, but nothing changed, new come, I'm bait, she takes and feeds on there soul, giving the body to her pet, I never knew its name, but it would crawl at midnight, making a deep growling sound when it saw me, it didnt like me much, it was almost meatless, only what can be mostly seen is its bones, it also had sharp long scissor claw like hands, having the form of a lifeless wolf, a sharp bone tail, with a hook like end. It gives me the chills just think about it...

        I decide to explore what they made of the place, each time I did, I'd always knew one way in, from the back, each time it was different. When I entered, there was a kitten on waiting right for what I assumed me, "Oh, hello there!" I'd say, I never told anyone, that I can talk to animals, but they could  talk to me like a normal person, I just can hear what they say in my head. "Meow" it went 'Hello!' I heard from it. Kneeling down, I petted it, as it purred softly. From there I instantly knew it was a female kitten. It meowed again, 'what are you doing here? And who are you?' I heard, "I cant speak my name to animals, but I came to explore, Seeing what has changed and what has stayed" I answer back. There was always this feeling I give to animals or critters, making them feel happy or energetic, this one seems to be the trouble maker in this house, as I can also tell, since the place seemed a bit messy, the couch pillows where everywhere, some the kitchen tools where on the ground, and the curtains where pulled. Well I could convince the kitten to behave herself, but it was also the fact that it was growing up. Sighing, I got up and placed everything back where they belong. It wasn't that much to put away, but it felt fun cleaning. 

        Soon I went upstairs, the first door I opened was old, yet, fancy, as I went in to see a King sized bed and a bunch of unpacked boxes, this must be the parents bedroom, I went out the room and closed the door. The next room was across from the parents room, i opened it, it was much neater than the parents room, a small bed, half of the boxes unpacked, and all seemed clean and organized. This must the the boys room, interesting, I didn't go further than a few steps in his room, as it would seem impolite to do so without permission. I went back downstairs and played with the kitten, "whats your name if you don't mind asking" I said to it, "Meow" 'Midnight,' I heard. A couple minutes after, I heard a car  heading up into the driveway, I cant get caught now, its to soon...and I don't want to get caught, the front door opens, Midnight went to the door, while I quickly hid myself from being seen, since I couldn't just leave without being seen or making noise. I stood put and made sure I didn't make a noise, then He came in, he was taller than he seemed, having dark golden eyes that shine in the light, as he greeted Midnight, petting her softly, as he also seemed surprised. I watched Him do some kind of cooking, it smelled Good, something I've never smelled before, soon he finished. Wow I didn't know he can cook, he might be way better than me, I thought as he started to head upstairs. 

       This is my chance! I quickly went to the back door, as I also closed it quietly. Finally I made it out without being seen, ha, I'm that good, I guess. Whenever i'm outside in the dark, this light would surround me, like if I where an angle, but when other sources of light reflect on me, the light shines less. I tried to head back to the forest, but hearing the same voice from inside, as he opened his window, he seemed to be saying something but I couldn't hear clearly. When he saw me, He froze. We both stared at each other with the howling wind blowing my hair. I couldn't move, Thump-Thump, What was that? My heart racing? I didn't know as I heard footsteps come from the front. I didn't want to be seen or caught, so I fled into the forest, the feeling still continued until i couldn't see the house anymore. I headed up the hill, into a small cabin, Its what I call home. I entered  through the backdoor so I didn't get caught by- "Ah your back home so soon dear? Now tell me, What did you see" A old yet gentle voice said.