🎨 chapter.03 🎨

So, biology with Mr Lee had been as boring as it was with Mr Anderson. The only difference between the two was that Mr Lee didn't have a hard time explaining experiments because 'the font was too small'.

The shrill sound of the bell went again and weird mash up of a sigh of relief and a groan escaped Jisung's plump strawberry lip balm coated lips. He shoved his laptop and books into his backpack with a haste you've never seen before and practically launched himself out of his chair. Though, he probably should've thought ahead because jumping around in heeled boots when your clumsier than a hyperactive toddler is not a good idea. Thus forth, Jisung landed straight on his ass with an overall dramatic yelp.

Oscar snickered as he slung his bag over his shoulder and stepped over Jisung's sprawled out legs. "Nice dismount stupid"

Jisung frowned and attempted to knock out the shooters legs from beneath him, only to fail and bash his shin on the metal leg of one of the desks. He yelped again and rubbed the sore spot, scowling at Oscar as he left the room cackling.

The plum haired hopped up onto his feet and grabbed his fallen bag as he skipped down the row of desks in a hurry to leave the suffocating room which was in fact the biology classroom. Though, maybe he should've paid more attention to where he was going because he succeeded in walking straight into Mr Lees chest, causing them both to go toppling to the ground.

But the strangest thing happened.

Instead of feeling the pain of hitting his elbow on the floor, he felt a tingling sensation as if a sparkler had gone off too close to his skin. His heart began to beat way too fast and he could feel it in his ears. Pounding quickly. It was like time stopped for a moment or so, and Jisung opened his eyes to see that Mr Lee was sitting, just staring wide eyed at him in pure shock. Completely mirroring the seventeen year olds expression.

Then another sensation began to grace Jisung with its painful presence. A burning, stinging feeling right on his wrist where that damned soulmate mark lies. Jisung was panicking. He picked himself up off the ground and without giving his biology teacher a chance to even say anything he muttered a breathy 'sorry' and ran out the room.

It felt like the world was spinning.

Jisung clamped his hand down on his wrist, covering the evidence of being soulmates with his teacher and rushed to the boys bathroom. Tears prickled at the back of his eyes it hurt so bad.

Once he reached the bathroom thankfully it was like a ghost town— completely empty. Jisung dumped his bag on the floor and turned on the cold water and instantly began scratching and rubbing the mark as a desperate and kind of pathetic attempt to rub it off. To somehow get rid of it as if scratching the permanent staining on his skin would make it disappear.

The bell for sixth period went off, and it was like all Jisung's senses were heightened, and it ringed painfully in his ears. Like he could feel his eardrums vibrate at the shrill sound.

Was finding your soulmate supposed to be this painful?

Then he stilled and gripped tightly onto the edge of the grey marble counter, his knuckles turning white. He looked into the mirror and his facial features seemed to harden.

"Nobody is going to take away your freedom Park Jisung, nobody" he told himself in a scarily stern voice. After finding that staring into your own eyes for an unnecessarily lengthy period of time was kind of creepy, the plum haired wiped the tears out of his eyes and took a deep breath before pushing the bathroom door open.

He looked carefully down each emptying corridor and sighed in relief when he saw Mr Lee wasn't there.

How was he going to explain this to his friends, let alone his nosy parents...

—🌙—

Jisung walked up the uneven stone pathway with heavy feet. Practically dragging his shoes across the concrete making that wet scraping sound, because yeah, Mother Nature had decided to aid in his sour mood by pissing down. Thanks a lot.

He pushed open the unsurprisingly unlocked door and shook his head like a dog does after a bath. Splattering water drops all over the cream coloured walls. Only he should've thought that through because—

"Park Jisung! What have I told you about ruining my walls?" Mrs Park scolded, standing at the end of the hallway with a tea towel thrown over her shoulder. Jisung smiled sheepishly and slipped his shoes off, because if he trails muddy footprints onto her precious floorboards she will without a doubt whack him upside the head with the newspaper roll or something else that's stiff.

"Sorry momma" he said quietly, pulling down the yellow damp sleeve to cover the soulmate mark. It was already beginning to flourish with different lined patterns, though it wasn't exactly black it was red, bubbling on the skin and ready to burst through. It hurt, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

The woman eyed him suspiciously about his sudden reserved behaviour and followed him into the lounge room which was a big family area containing the dining room, kitchen and living space— also the dogs bed, who was a little Maltese named Cocoa. She had a pretty pink colour with a tiara charm on it by her name tag, Jisung thought it was too girly, but he had to go up against his mother and there was no winning that battle.

"What's up with you huh? You were so cheery this morning" she asked.

Here comes the flooding of questions.

"It's nothing, I'm fine" Jisung said a little too quickly. Damn it.

"It doesn't look fine. Did you get a bad test score or something?" She asked again.

"No, I said I'm fine" Jisung attempted to leave the unwanted conversation by walked up the stairs, only Mrs Park followed. He quickened his pace and practically sprinted to his room, desperate to avoid the dreaded question he knew was coming.

He made it, one foot in the room and— "Did you find your soulmate? Is that was this is all about—" she spoke in an excited tone only for Jisung to whirl around with an angry face and dump his bag on the floor harshly.

"Just leave it, I don't want to talk about it, okay?" He snapped in the nicest way possible, and could feel his stomach drop when he saw the smile vanish from her face but he couldn't help it. She was asking unwanted questions and this seemed like the only option out of it.

Jisung slammed the door closed and locked it. Sliding down the wood he hugged his knees against his chest and looked at the bubbling red skin, feeling dread whirl in his heart.

Why oh why did it have to be him?