🎨 chapter.11 🎨

"Hey Jisung, can I talk to you for a minute?" Chenle poked his head around the door and asked, biting his lip nervously.

Jisung patted the spot beside him on Jeno's bed. "Sure, what's up?"

Once Chenle sat down, he began fiddling with his fingers, something Jisung knew he only did when he was worried about something, or nervous. "Lele what's wrong?" Jisung tried again, but Chenle stayed silent.

Then out of nowhere a couple minutes after silence got too much, Chenle whipped around and asked: "What did it feel like when you realised Mr Lee was your soulmate?" It caught Jisung a lot more off guard than he realised. It was just an ordinary question, but it was just a little shocking for some reason because Jisung never really thought about it, but the memories of that time came flooding back making his cheeks flush.

"Well, you remember that time when we were little and I chucked my sparkler at you on New Year's Eve because you kept jabbing me with yours which was burnt out?" Chenle nodded. "If you remember that feeling, it was kind of a more... I don't know, gentle feeling than that in a way? It's kind of hard to explain" Jisung smiled sheepishly. "Why do you ask?"

Jisung had a feeling he knew where this was going, but didn't want to push it because Chenle looked seriously on edge. "I just.. I don't think Yeeun is my soulmate" he whispered. His voice was so quiet and broken, and when he started to cry it just broke Jisung's heart.

The taller immediately pulled Chenle into a hug, rubbing his back as he sobbed into Jisung's— well, Jeno's clothes. Chenle had been crushing, well pretty much been in love with Yeeun since freshman year. The girl was a few years older, but she was the first person that ever batted Chenle an eye at all besides Jisung. Jisung was a social butterfly, he made friends easy and quick whilst Chenle found it hard, so that was why he fell for her so easy.

After a small while, Chenle finally calmed down and pulled away and sniffled. "It's just that I don't think I could ever love my true soulmate the way that I love her and it's hard.." He sniffled grossly, wiping his nose on the back of his hand.

Jisung didn't know what to do. Sure he'd been there every time Chenle was sad but Chenle had never looked so broken and depressed it confused Jisung on how he should comfort him. Because he can't say that maybe his time for feeling the soulmate connection hasn't come yet, because it they were meant to be they'd have felt it already. One half of the soulmate couple must be eighteen or over to feel it, hence why Jisung and Jeno had already felt it, but Yeeun just turned eighteen.

Jisung had never felt so useless.

"I'm sorry, Lele. I don't know what to say" he whispered.

The two sat there in silence. Unable to speak, or even try and make up a conversation to fill it. So they were more than happy when Jeno knocked on the door. Jisung couldn't help the bright smile that appeared on his face when he stood up and saw his soulmate. Sure he felt guilt spike at him because of the situation with Chenle, but he couldn't help it.

So he walked around the bed and pulled Jeno out of the room and into the hallway, not wanting to upset Chenle even more. He felt confidence surge through him for the first time since he'd met Jeno, so to say they were both surprised when Jisung pressed his lips against the olders would be an understatement. They seemed to lock into one another like they'd been created just for each other.

Jisung didn't want it to end.

He snaked his arms around Jeno's shoulders, who's hands were resting on his waist, and forced himself not to whine when the older pulled away. A big smile on his face, eyes sparkling. "I have to go, but I'll see you later hmm?" Jeno brushed his nose against Jisung's lovingly, and kissed it once before pulling away completely and walking off down the hall, disappearing from Jisung's view altogether.

In a lovestruck trance, Jisung clasped hid hands together and pressed them against his chest as he leaned against the wall. A stupid, goofy grin on his face.

Sorry this is so short, I've been a little preoccupied with school lately.