🎨 chapter.13 🎨

As he pulled up into the teachers parking lot of the school, Jeno couldn't help but let his thoughts drift back to his soulmate. It was, quite obviously, a odd match. A high school student and a teacher, nearly a decade older than him. Jeno was sure if he ever wanted to be seen with the younger, he'd have to have had graduated year twelve first.

Jeno could wait a few years.

After Jeno had graduated his own high school and entered university, he'd pretty much lost all hope of finding his soulmate, because if he hadn't met them by now, then he never would. Well that was his mindset for years until he met Jisung. Sometimes Jeno thinks if Jisung wasn't as clumsy as he was, maybe they'd never have met in the first place.

The teacher shook off the thought as he pushed open the doors and walked inside. It was immediately a nicer temperature inside, though it wasn't particularly cold or hot outside, it was nicely moderate indoors. Just the way Jeno liked it. A small, subtle grin took place on his lips as he walked through the halls in search of the science office, where most likely all the science teachers were residing until the meeting began.

"Morning Jeno" Mrs Bae, one of the junior teachers greeted. A smile on her cheeks as she ticked a correctly answered question on a students test paper.

Jeno smiled back. "Morning to you to Irene, when's the meeting start?"

"About fifteen minutes, the Boss Man shouldn't take too long, but considering his past track record I wouldn't put too much faith in him for being on time" Irene joked.

"Is he really that bad?" Jeno asked as he sat down at his desk, the one across from Irene's. It wasn't as neat as he'd initially thought he could keep it, but it wasn't the messiest. Mr Kim's was horrific.

Irene looked at him funny for a moment before it clicked, you could see the lightbulb go off in her head. "Oh! I forgot you're new around here. Mr Park is notorious for being late, and you'd think considering he's the principle and all that he'd at least think to be on time, but no, it's not in his list of capabilities" The raven haired woman explained, shaking her head at the thought of her boss.

Jeno winced sympathetically.

"Sounds bad, but the less time you spend in a meeting with a bunch of airheads, the less brain cells you loose" Jeno shrugged, and Irene burst out laughing.

"I couldn't have said it better myself"

The two teachers stopped chatting and went to work. Trying to fit in as much grading and lesson plan sorting as they could before the meeting was to begin. And Irene was right, it was nearly forty minutes before Mr Park has rocked up at school, apologising half-heartedly to the staff as he barged into the staff room, desperate for his morning coffee.

"Right, come on everyone what are you all standing there gawking like a bunch of pigeons for? We're on a time limit people, chop chop!" Mr Park's croaky, old voice boomed across the room, and the staff immediately hurried to save themselves a good seat at the tables closest to the front, more specifically the ones with bad eyesight.

And so the meeting commenced, and just as Jeno had predicted, he felt as if all the perfectly working brain cells he'd acquired over the years were slowly disintegrating into piles of nothingness, and across the room he could tell Irene felt it too.

Thanks for waiting everyone! 💗💗

But now I've got the rest of the chapters all planned out and I'm determined to finish this!