Memories

Katsuki was walking towards his apartment with a scowl on his face.
Ever since he found out about Izuka, she wouldn't talk to him. Heck, it turns out she somehow had his number blocked from her!

He gritted his teeth as he thought back to when they were still kids.

Flashback--------
"Kaachan, what if I don't get my quirk? I don't want to disappoint you, but I feel like I would fail you." A young Izuka asked as she and Katsuki were on the swings.

"I don't think there's a chance of that happening, Deku. But if it does, I suppose it means you're supposed to be on the sidelines. Don't worry though. If you do become quirkless, I'll be there to rescue you when I become a hero." A young Katsuki said confidently.
-----------------
Back to the present, Katsuki recalled that he did make that promise.

But then two of them drifted apart when Izuka was found to be quirkless.

While everyone praised and adored him, Izuka was cast to the side.

He never noticed until one day, she left the middle school entirely when he was 12.

Could it be she took up modeling since she was 12? Why did she suddenly change direction? Did she do it because she didn't want to see him anymore? Because she was quirkless and this was an opportunity given to her?

His hands flicker with slight explosions, but then he thought...

'Did she change direction, because I broke my promise?'

He never defended her from all those comments thrown at her, sometimes even joining in. He became blind and arrogant. So much it caused him to push his only real friend away.

As much as he hated to admit it...he had to find a way to make it up to her.