Preping for a gala

It had been a few days since Izu and Katsuki had talked at the reunion. Right now, Izu was looking through dresses for an important gala that was coming up. She wouldn't have such a hard time picking one if Katsuki was there too. His mom practically harped him to spend some time with her to make up for lost time. 

"I still don't get why you're looking for a certain dress. We can just get one an walk away." Katsuki said as he looked through tuxedos that were near.

"Well, for guys that's not a problem. But this is the Benefactor's Ball, it may be the biggest event of the season for the city, but honestly, I would prefer if it was suddenly cancelled." Izu said.

"Wha? If people spend 500 on a plate, they would expect something on it." Katsuki said.

"No. They expect to spend a fortune on a dress or rent a tux and be forced to talk with people they've been trying to avoid. Then they have to listen to a speech honoring someone everyone dislikes, but they suck up to them for their own reasons. And the worst of it is when they have to leave, they have to wait for an hour or two just for valleys to find their cars." Izu summarized with a deadpan look.

"Heh, why do people or even heroes go to these things in the first place? Seems pointless." Katsuki said as he finally found a tux.

"Not that they want to, they have to. It's to keep up an image or something. Besides, I was chosen to go because I'm sponsoring for my boss's company." Izu said as she finally found a dress.

-----------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is so short, I was back in college classes.

Thank u for waiting!