Chapter 21- Grace

I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here. I'll always be here. I promise.

I heard Page's words and my heart began racing, again contemplating ways to get out.

Suicide. That was all I could come up with.

...Or I could get out the way I got in.

I could cut and pass out from blood loss.

"Yes!" I said.

"You don't really think that'll work, do you?" The lights flickered again.

The lights went out, emerging the room in complete darkness again.

"I'm gonna have to resort to serious measures."

He snapped his fingers.

"No more knives." He said.

"And no more mister nice guy."

"You are to stay in this room. I'm leaving the lights off. I took away the knives. Don't even try Od'ing, 'cause it won't work. Has to be the same way you got here."

"You dick!" I said.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted a better life. You got it, but you couldn't just be happy. You are incapable of happiness."

"I didn't want this!"

"Well, I didn't want to be stabbed by my daughter. Things don't work out the way we want them to." He chuckled.

He left, locking the door behind him.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. I thought, unintentionally quoting Falling In Reverse.
_____________________________
Watch until the end of the video or skip to the end. That's where "You've gotta be fucking kidding me" is.