Chapter 24- Page

I threw up for the millionth time and groaned.

If Grace were awake right now, she'd be holding back my hair.

Well, if Grace were awake right now, I wouldn't be throwing up because I wouldn't be drunk.

After I finished throwing up, I drank more whiskey.

I really hoped Grace would wake up before I got any worse.

I got back in bed with Grace and kissed her.

I wished she were awake right now to bite her lip and make me die of arousal before pulling me on top of her and shoving her tongue in my mouth.

She has this way of biting her lip that's hot and sexy and adorable all at the same time. Sometimes it makes me giggle uncontrollably and kiss her nose, sometimes it makes me beg her to touch me.

If she were awake right now, I'd be begging her to touch me.

She'd tease me a bit (with a smile on her face as I beg for her to stop teasing) before obliging (Grace is mean like that).

I sighed.

God, I missed her.

I wished she'd wake up right then and bite her lip and kiss me and touch me and make the rest of the world melt away.

I sighed again and looked at the blank expression on her face.

I missed her hands in my hair. Her lips on my forehead. Hell, I even missed her teasing me and laughing as I beg for her to do something.

Tears began gathering in my eyes.

I took a shaky breath and tried to keep it together.

It didn't work.

Either I'm a really happy drunk or a really sad drunk. There's no in between. It's a crap shoot.

I scooted closer to Grace and hugged her tightly, sobbing into her chest.

"Please wake up. I need you. Please." I sobbed, despite knowing she couldn't hear me.

I gently pulled her arms around me, trying to comfort myself.

"Please!"