Chapter 1

Riding in the back seat of a car, 15 year old Kimiko Iruka was staring out the window

Riding in the back seat of a car, 15 year old Kimiko Iruka was staring out the window. She had long brown hair with a fringe. Her eyes were blue like the sea.

She was leaving her hometown which was out towards the city. Her mother had passed away towards her last year of middle school. It was so much to take in that the woman she looked up to her whole life was gone.

Turning her head, Kimiko saw a young toddler sitting in a carseat. The little girl had the same features as Kimiko, the only difference was that her hair was tied into two low pigtails.

Her name is Hanami Iruka.

Kimiko didn't think Hanami knew what exactly was going on. Why their mother wasn't coming with them to move into the new house in an urban-like area.

Pulling up in front of a one story house with a fenced gate, the car came to a stop. "Girls, we're here." Their father stated. He had wavy brown hair with brown eyes. His demeanor was serious, but he had a kind expression. His name is Subaru Iruka.

Kimiko unbuckled her seatbelt, and helped Hanami out of her carseat. Getting out of the car, Kimiko was holding her little sister with one arm while carrying two bags on her other arm.

Looking up at the house, Kimiko thought it was just a plain, ordinary house. There was nothing special about it. But since this was going to be her new home, she had to make the best of it.

Entering the house, Kimiko put Hanami down and took off her shoes. Her little sister was mimicking her, taking off her shoes as well.

The house was already set up since her father had hired movers to do all the work for them. All Kimiko had to do was put her personal things up and away in her room.

Subaru came up from behind Kimiko, patting her on the back. "So... How do you like it?"

Kimiko gave her father a small smile. "It's great, I guess."

"I know it'll take some time getting used to, but I'm sure you'll grow accustomed to it."

"I hope so..."

"Kimiko, I'll be gone for a while. I still need to fill out some paperwork for my new workplace, in addition with enrolling you in the same place."

Kimiko rolled her eyes playfully. "I know, I know. It's because you're a teacher, dad."

"And you're about to be a high schooler. I'm so proud of how far you've come. I'm sure your mother would feel the same way."

With a pained smile, Kimiko nodded. "I'm sure she would..."

"After I'm finished with the school, I'm going to find a daycare for Hanami to enroll in."

Kimiko was worried about that. Her sister was so shy around other kids her age. This would be her first time ever being in that kind of environment since their mother had always stayed home as a stay-at-home mother. "I just hope she handles it well."