Chapter 13

After school in the daycare, Ryuuichi and Kimiko were watching the kids together

After school in the daycare, Ryuuichi and Kimiko were watching the kids together. Usaida, of course, was fast asleep. Cleaning up toy blocks that the children forgot to put away earlier, Kimiko saw Inui peeking through the window.

Kimiko raised an eyebrow at the sight. "What's that guy doing there?"

Looking to where she was staring, Ryuuichi went over towards the window and opened it. "Inui-senpai, what are you doing here?"

Inui became flustered. "I- Um..!"

Ryuuichi let out an annoyed sigh. "If you're looking for Sawatori-senpai, then she isn't here."

"I'm not looking for Yukari!"

Kimiko snorted. "I almost forgot that you used to have a crush on her."

"I..!" Inui's face was even more red, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Can I... Talk with you guys about something?"

"I guess so..?" Ryuuichi felt unsure. "But you'll have to come into the daycare."

"Why do I always have to go in there when I need to talk to you?!"

Ryuuichi dropped his eyelids unamused. "What did you expect? I have to look after the children. If you don't like it, then please kindly leave."

Inui clicked his tongue. "Fine. I'll be in there shortly."

***

Shortly after, Inui was sitting on the floor with a curious Ryuuichi and Kimiko. Inui was antsy, his face was still red from earlier. "So... I wanted to talk about my new love life with you guys..."

Ryuuichi looked unamused. "I'll say this in advance. All the mothers here are married and I will not help you. Kamitani's mother may be single, but he would never allow it!"

Kimiko started scream laughing, kneeling down while holding her gut. "Damn! I didn't think you had it in you to be so savage, Ryuuichi-kun!"

"It's not like that!" Inui shouted, sighing afterwards. He looked down towards the floor with a flustered expression. "During the cultural festival... There was a cute girl with long hair..."

Ryuiichi looked over towards Kimiko. "Are you talking about Kimiko-san?"

Kimiko looked at Ryuuichi in disbelief, feeling the blood rushing in her cheeks. "Why would he admit it in front of me if it was me?!"

Inui shook his head. "Although she's cute too... It was someone else..."

Ryuuichi was thinking hard about it. "Inomata-san?"

Inui's face perked up. "Her name is Inomata-san?!"

Kimiko facepalmed herself. She couldn't believe these two were being so oblivious. As she was about to speak up, she felt a tap on her arm. Turning around, she saw Usaida shaking his head with a smile. Guessing that Inui's loud voice woke him up, he was listening in the entire time. Usaida's expression looked like he wanted her to go along with it. A smug smile. Realizing what Usaida was thinking, Kimiko thought it would be hilarious and kept quiet about it.