Chapter 15

Four days after Halloween, Ryuuichi and Kimiko were in the daycare while taking care of the children as usual

Four days after Halloween, Ryuuichi and Kimiko were in the daycare while taking care of the children as usual. Usaida for once wasn't sleeping, sitting down with Midori on his lap. It was a day off, but the teachers had their own work to take care of.

"Ryuuichi-kun." Kimiko said. "Is Kamitani-kun and Taka coming today? They're running a little late."

"I think they are. Kamitani didn't mention that he wasn't coming today."

Kimiko seemed like she was focusing on listening to something, her face scrunching up. "Do you hear that?"

Ryuuichi blinked. "Hear what?"

"Like... Distant crying. It sounds like a baby's cry, but all the kids are here. And that definitely does not sound like Taka's crying."

The door slid open, seeing Hayato with an annoyed scowl on his face. He was holding a tiny infant who was crying uncontrollably. Taka was hiding behind his legs, for some reason looking shy.

Usaida, the two teens, and the children all looked at the unknown baby in awe. The baby had short black hair like Hayato's. He was almost as tiny as Midori.

Usaida wore a teasing smile. "You have a child too?"

"Ehhhhhh?!" Ryuuichi exclaimed. "Is that true, Kamitani?!"

"Like hell!" Hayato exclaimed, his annoyance increasing by the second.

Kimiko was too intrigued by the little baby to get irked over their ignorance. Her eyes were sparkling at the sight at the little bundle of joy. "Who is this adorable little guy?"

Hayato let out a sigh. "This is my cousin, Tsugumi. Mom told me to bring him here for us to watch him for the day, because both of his parents caught the flu."

"That was a smart choice to bring him here. It would be bad if he caught the flu too."

Tsugumi was still crying in Hayato's arms. It seemed like he didn't like being with his older cousin at all. Ryuuichi held out his arms. "Here. Let me take him off of your hands."

"Fine. But just a warning, he's been crying nonstop ever since I got him, so I doubt that he-" Once Ryuuichi got a hold of Tsugumi, he instantly stopped crying. Ryuuichi gently patted his back to continue calming him down.

Kimiko felt her heart race at the sight, letting out a dreamily sigh. "You should earn the nickname, the baby whisperer, Ryuuichi-kun."

"That's exactly what I was thinking." Usaida said, looking at Tsugumi who was now wearing a scowl on his face. "Is it me or does he look a bit too much like Hayato?"

Hayato looked extremely annoyed. "Shut it."

Kimiko smiled giddy. "He does look a lot like you, Kamitani-kun!"