Chapter 7

The sound of seagulls echoed throughout the area

The sound of seagulls echoed throughout the area. The sun was harshly beaming down on the beige sand. The ocean waves were crashing on the shore...

...The sound of two children crying can be heard.

Kirin and Kazuma were hysterically crying in fear with their feet in the ocean water. Kotaro was in the middle of them, he was obviously terrified without really making a sound. Midori was happily playing on the sand while Taka and Takuma played together in the water.

Meanwhile, Kimiko was trying to prevent Hanami from swimming any further. "Hanami! It's way too deep if you swim that way!"

"But nee-chan!" Hanami whined. "I'm a dolphin! It's in my name!"

Kimiko wasn't sure what expression to make. "You're not an actual dolphin. You're a human being."

"B-But..." Hanami started getting teary eyed.

"Don't start with the water works or else you won't get to swim anymore."

That immediately stopped her crying, reluctantly nodding. "Ok..."

Kimiko heard someone stop beside her. Turning to the side, she saw Hayato staring out towards the ocean. "Going for a swim?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "Are you?"

"I will later. I'm watching my little sister until my dad comes back."

"Ok." Hayato ended up diving into the water, rapidly swimming towards the deep end.

Hayato's rapid swimming ended up soaking Kimiko, water was dripping from her hair and skin. "He's one fast swimmer..."

"Kimiko." Subaru walked up from behind while holding a martini cup with a little umbrella in it. "I can watch Hanami now, so you can go swimming if you want."

"Thank you, dad."

"The other mothers informed me that they will watch the children, along with Kashima-kun's little brother, so you can go swimming with him if you want."

"Alright." Kimiko turned towards Ryuuichi who happened to be nearby. She tapped on his shoulder to get his attention. "Kashima-kun, do you want to go swimming with me?"

"Maybe later." Ryuuichi answered. "I want to take Kotaro out in the ocean so he can have a feel for it."

Kimiko looked at Kotaro who was in Ryuuichi's arms. His face looked absolutely terrified. "Maybe you shouldn't do that. Kotaro looks like he rather not."

"Don't worry, nothing bad will happen."

"Well, I guess I-" Kimiko heard Hanami making a dolphin noise. Turning around, she saw that her little sister was attempting to go towards the water again. "Oh my god! Hanami! I told you you're not a dolphin!" Both her and her dad ran as fast as they could to keep Hanami from swimming far into the ocean.