Chapter 2

The first day of school has finally arrived

The first day of school has finally arrived. Luckily, Kimiko's home wasn't too far from the school, so it wasn't much of a walk. It was only a few short blocks away, a quarter of a mile at most.

Holding her little sister in her arms, Kimiko stopped in front of the main gate of her new school. It was huge! Her old school was pretty small, so to her... This school looked like some kind of fancy rich school that she has seen on TV shows.

Gulping nervously, Kimiko took her first step into the new world known as Morinomiya Academy.

Looking around, Kimiko saw a bulletin board that had a map of the school that her father had mentioned. Walking over towards it, she was trying to see where the daycare room was.

Kimiko slid her finger on the map where the daycare room was located. "That's a bit of a long way... But it can't be helped." She looked at her younger sister, giving her a smile. "Let's go meet some new friends."

Hanami blinked curiously. "New friends..?"

***

Panting heavily, Kimiko finally arrived in front of the building where the daycare was. Leaning her free hand against the door, she was trying her best to catch her breath. "That was a longer walk than I thought... How am I going to get used to this school?!"

"Nee-chan." Hanami said. "Am I going to class with you?"

"Remember when I told you that you will be in a fun room with kids your age?"

"Yes."

"That will be your own class."

"But nee-chan..." Hanami gripped Kimiko's shirt. "I want to be with you in your class."

"I know, but you're not a high schooler. I promise that your class will be fun. And besides... I won't be gone for too long. Today is a half day, so I'll be back by lunchtime."

Not wanting to trouble her sister any longer, Hanami reluctantly nodded. "Ok..."

"Good girl. Now let's greet your new teacher and soon to be friends." Placing her hand on the door, Kimiko opened the wide door, entering the building where the teachers' children were dropped off.

Walking down the short hall, Kimiko stopped in front of a cutesy see-through sliding door. She saw some small children happily running around while some were doing their own thing.

Adjusting her arm, Kimiko pushed Hanami up. "Are you ready?" In response, Hanami ended up hiding her face in Kimiko's chest. Shaking her head with a smile, she placed her hand on the handle, sliding the door open. "Good morning! We would like to be your new friends!"

The kids who were running stopped where stood, blinking curiously at Kimiko. The remaining children looked up at Kimiko with curious eyes, wondering who this new girl might be.