Chapter 5

Kimiko and Hamani were walking with their father on school grounds before they had to part ways

Kimiko and Hamani were walking with their father on school grounds before they had to part ways. Stopping in front of the outdoor bulletin board, their father turned towards them, seeming like something was on his mind.

Kimiko knew exactly how her father felt. Today was Mother's Day after all. The first Mother's Day without their mom.

Not wanting to worry her father, Kimiko gave him a small smile. "We'll be fine, dad. You should probably head to the teacher's lounge to gather your materials for first period."

Subaru softly smiled at his oldest daughter, gently ruffling her hair. "We can have a special dinner tonight if you want."

Kimiko's eyes sparkled. "Like hibachi?!"

"If that's what you want."

"Thank you, dad!"

"It's no trouble." Subaru turned to Hanami who was in Kimiko's arms. "Be good in daycare today. Listen to your teacher."

Hanami smiled brightly. "I will, papa!"

Subaru gently tousled Hanami's hair. "Good. Papa will come see you later."

"Ok! Have a good day being a teacher!"

"I will." Subaru turned to Kimiko. "See you later."

"See you later, dad." Subaru began walking towards the direction of the high school building. Before she headed to class, Kimiko had to stop by the daycare for obvious reasons. "Let's go see our friends, Hanami."

Hanami cheerfully smiled. "Let's go, nee-chan!"

***

Arriving at the daycare, Kimiko only saw Ryuuichi and Kotaro there. Nobody else was here for now.

Ryuuichi gave the two girls a smile. "Good morning, Iruka-san, Hanami-chan."

"Good morning, Kashima-kun." Kimiko put Hanami down. "Go on. Say good morning to Kashima-kun and Kotaro."

Hanami walked over towards the Kashima brothers, bowing her head respectfully. "Good morning."

Ryuuichi gave the little girl a gentle smile. "Good morning. Kotaro, say good morning to Hanami-chan."

"Ung." Kotaro nodded. "Gud morning, Hana-chan."

Hanami looked a little too happy for her own good. "Kotaro, do you want play together?"

It took a bit for Kotaro to respond as he nodded. "Ung."

"Ok!" Hanami grabbed Kotaro by the hand. "Let's go read your favorite book!" Although they couldn't read, they could only look at the pictures.

Kimiko and Ryuuichi watched their younger siblings head over towards the little bookcase full of children books. Kimiko let out an aw. "They play so well together, don't they?"