Chapter 6

In her living room, Kimiko was playing a game on her switch

In her living room, Kimiko was playing a game on her switch. The game was about three houses. She was so invested in it that her eyes were basically glued to the TV.

Hanami was nearby, coloring in her coloring book. She was careful not to color outside of the lines, wanting the picture to come out perfect.

On the low table, Kimiko's cellphone began ringing. Looking up, Hanami turned towards her older sister. "Nee-chan! Your phone is ringing!"

Kimiko let out a small groan. "But I'm in the middle of a battle- Oh fine." Pausing the game, Kimiko grabbed her cellphone to see who it was. "Kashima-kun?" Answering the call, she placed the phone on her ear. "Hello?"

"Iruka-san! Did I catch you at a bad time?" Ryuuichi asked over the phone.

Kimiko looked over to her game that she wanted to continue playing. "No... Why? What's up?"

"Are you free tomorrow?"

"Uh... Yeah. Did you want to hang out or form a play date with our siblings?"

"Something like that. I was wondering if you and Hanami-chan would like to come to the festival with Kotaro and I? Kamitani and Taka-kun will be there too. Actually... They're the ones who invited us, and I asked if I could invite you. They didn't mind."

"Yeah! I would like to go with you guys!"

"Great! We were going to meet around noon. Is that alright?"

"That's perfect! Thank you for inviting me!"

"You're welcome! Well, see you then!"

"Bye!" Kimiko pressed the end call button, placing her phone back on the table.

Hanami tilted her head. "We're going to a festival?"

"Yes we are!" Kimiko answered excitedly. "We're going with Kashima-kun, Kotaro, Kamitani-kun, and Taka!"

Hanami puffed her cheeks. "They're all boys..."

Kimiko let out a laugh. "Yeah, but they're our friends!" Seeing that her older sister was so happy and looking forward to going to the festival, Hanami brightly smiled.

***

The day of the festival had arrived. The four boys were waiting for the girls to arrive before they could look around the festival.

Taka was rather impatient. "Nii-chan! I want to look around!"

"We're still waiting on them." Hayato responded. "Don't be impatient."

Ryuuichi pointed towards the distance while holding Kotaro. "I think that's them over there!"

"Hi! I hope we didn't keep you waiting long!" Kimiko was holding Hanami who was wearing a white yukata with cherry blossoms on it.