Chapter 12

Today marked the day of the Morinomiya Academy's Sports Festival

Today marked the day of the Morinomiya Academy's Sports Festival. It was the first year students who are participating today. Each grade were separated by days, meaning the second years will be participating tomorrow and so on.

For some reason, the daycare kids were able to participate as well. The kids were wearing cute little hats along with their own gym clothes. Their race was the very first race of the day. The little kids were all lined up at the starting line, getting ready to zoom to the finish line.

Usaida held a party popper gun that shot confetti. Once the gun went off, the kids started dashing to the other side. The thing was... Takuma and Kazuma ran out of the race, and Kotaro ended up running to Ryuuichi instead.

So now it was Kirin, Taka, and Hanami. Kimiko cheered loudly. "You can do it, Hanami! I believe in you!"

Her older sister's words got through to her, making Hanami run even faster. Even so... She ended up getting second place with Kirin getting first place. Taka got third place due to falling last second.

Taka ran towards Ryuuichi, wailing loudly that he lost. The students all knowing that was Hayato's little brother, he got teasing stares by his classmates which annoyed him.

Hanami looked a bit down that she didn't end up winning. Kneeling down, Kimiko patted her little sister's back reassuringly. "It's ok, Hanami. You did your best and that's all that matters."

"Ok..." Hanami was trying her best not to cry. "When nee-chan races, will nee-chan get first place?"

Kimiko rubbed the back of her head. "We'll see..." She knew once she stepped foot in the race, her competitive side will unleash.

"It looks like it Kamitani's turn to race." Kimiko heard Ryuuichi say. Looking over towards the race track, she saw Hayato's immense focus face. Not able to help herself, Kimiko's shoulders started to shake. Noticing that, Ryuuichi curiously looked at her. "What's wrong?"

Shaking her head with a smile, Kimiko waved her hand dismissively. "It's nothing important!" She just thought Hayato's concentration was funny. She was starting to calm down, not wanting her classmates to be staring at her weirdly any longer.

At the end of the race, it was Hayato who had won. Taka's eyes were sparkling at the sight of his admirable big brother. Kimiko cheered for her good friend, pumping her fist in the air. "Good job, Kamitani-kun!" For some reason, Hayato didn't look her way, almost like he was ignoring her on purpose.

Wondering why, Kimiko tilted her head. She felt Ryuuichi pat her shoulder. "I'm up next. Do you mind watching Kotaro for the time being?"

"Of course! Good luck with your race, Ryuuichi-kun!"

"Thank you!" Ryuuichi looked over towards Kotaro. "Kotaro, behave with Kimiko-san, ok?"

"Ung." Kotaro nodded. "Nii-cha win first place!"