01

It was a quiet day.

But then again, it was always quiet in the apartment. Has been for weeks now.

A male laid on his mattress, which laid on the ground beside his bed. His entire body was covered by a blanket; not because it was cold, he just liked the warmth and comfort it brought to him.

He wasn't asleep, but wasn't fully awake either. He's just been dozing off, waiting for a certain somebody to pay him his daily visit and force him to actually move.

Thump, thump.

Was that a knock?

Could've just been something falling over.

But then again, what could he had touched to make that happen. He's been lying in bed all day long now.

Maybe it was a neighbor.

''Yoongi, it's me!''

Okay, that was most definitely a knock.

''Don't be alarmed, I'm coming in!''

Yoongi didn't reply, he just listened closely as the key slid into the key hole, creating a rattling sound. He heard the door open then close right after. There was another loud thump; those must've been the shoes Seokjin just kicked off.

''Are you in your room?!''

''Yes.''

He listened to the pitter-patter of bare feet, all until he was certain they were right behind him.

''Why is your mattress on the ground?'' He heard Seokjin's voice as his weight lowered the mattress.

''I kept tripping and hitting my toes when I tried to get up...'' Yoongi murmured.

''So you threw it on the ground, by yourself?''

''Why did you say that as if I'm incapable of lifting shit.'' Yoongi snapped back, not even bothering to sit up on the bed. Where was the point in that, what difference would it make for him anyway.

''Just thought you'd wait for me to help you...'' Seokjin murmured. There was most definitely a pout on his face when he said that, Seokjin did always pout when he used that tone of voice.

''I can do shit on my own you know...''

''I know. But I'd rather I was there when you do it... Just in case.''

''Why? Because I'm a cripple?''

''Don't call yourself that.'' And now the pout turned into a frown, Yoongi didn't need his vision to know that. ''It's only been a month, Yoongi... It's gonna take you some time to adjust...''

Yoongi didn't reply afterword, just sighed as he laid onto his back, feeling what must've been the other's leg press against his shoulder as Seokjin sat down on the mattress.

''How are you feeling today?''

''Like shit.''

''Yoongi, real words please.'' To that, the said male just sighed again but chose to give in, not in the mood to listen to another lecture about expressing his feelings poorly and bottling things up.

''I had a nightmare.''

''Did you see anything?'' Seokjin's voice got slightly louder, he must've been surprised by what he told him.

''No. I just felt this weird feeling, like I was having a panic attack or something... Then I couldn't feel my legs, but I wanted to start running and then I woke up and I was really sweaty and out of breath...'' Yoongi explained. ''I guess this is how I'll dream from now on.''

''Have you had dreams since...''

''No, this is the first one.''

''Interesting...''

''Is it really?''

''Have you eaten anything yet?'' Seokjin ignored his comment.

''No, what time is it?''

''Two in the afternoon.''

''Already?'' Yoongi murmured.

''Were you asleep until now?''

''Kind of... I have nothing better to do than that anyway.''

''Namjoon says hi, he's sorry he couldn't come visit today.'' Yoongi's noticed by now that whenever he would make such a comment, Seokjin just ignored it and switched the topic.

''Tell him I said hi back.'' So he started playing along.

''I will, now let's get you up and to the kitchen so we can make something to eat.''

''Can't I just lie here?''

''No, we're eating on the balcony, you need some sunlight.'' Yoongi felt Seokjin push his body off the mattress so he could stand up and a few seconds later he felt his hands reach for his wrists.

''I don't wanna go outside.'' He whined as the other male started to pull him up into a sitting position.

''Yoongi you need some fresh air, you haven't left the apartment since you came back from the hospital.''

''What's the point in going outside if I can't see shit.'' Yoongi snapped as his friend finally managed to pull him onto his feet.

Instinctively, Yoongi felt out his hands and grabbed onto his forearm as the pair slowly began to move.

''Just because you can't see the sun, doesn't mean your skin is no longer able to absorb vitamin D.'' Seokjin spoke as he led his friend through the apartment. ''Where's your walking stick?''

''I don't know, lemme have a look.'' Yoongi replied sarcastically.

''I meant, have you been using it at all or are you just stubbornly walking around feeling everything and hoping for the best.''

''Bold of you to assume I even move when you're not here.''

''Yoongi.'' Seokjin sighed yet again. ''It's not the end of the world you know...''

''Wanna try it for a day?'' Seokjin didn't respond, just held onto his friend as he led him into the kitchen.