08

Day two.

Taehyung thought to himself as he made his way down the hallway of the apartment complex. He scanned the door numbers, searching for the one he was looking for, when finally he found it.

Door 364.

He reached inside his pocket to take out the apartment key Seokjin gave him the other day and knocked on the door twice before unlocking it.

''Hyung?! It's me, Taehyung, don't be alarmed.'' He called out as he made his way inside the apartment. He took his shoes off and put them on the shoe rack then put on the slippers which have been waiting for him at the entrance.

He walked down the long hallway and made his way into the living room, to his surprise finding the male already sitting on the couch, his arms crossed over his chest, one leg over the other and head bowed down looking like he was dozing off.

''Hyung...'' He called out for the male as he slowly approached him, not wanting to scare him like he had the other day.

''I heard you the first time, what?'' Yoongi's voice was as quiet as yesterday, maybe even more. He tensed up when he felt the cushions shift due to Taehyung's weight, but he didn't move away, although he knew the male sat down next to him.

''Just... Making sure you heard me, I don't want to scare you.''

''Well, I'm blind not deaf. Might as well kill me if that happened as well.'' Taehyung frowned due to the male's remark, but bit his tongue to not comment on it.

So instead, he decided to look around the room, deciding the paintings decorating the walls would be a good way to distract himself from the conversation Yoongi most obviously didn't wish to have.

Only to realize no more paintings hung on the now plain white walls.

''What happened to your paintings?'' He questioned.

''I took them off.'' Yoongi replied with a sigh.

''Why?''

''I'm selling them.''

''Why?''

''I need money.'' Yoongi replied with a dry chuckle. ''I can't really make any more pieces now that I can't see... So I guess I finally have to sell my favorites.''

''You painted them?'' Taehyung eyes went wide in surprise but Yoongi just nodded in reply.

''Yeah...'' Yoongi bowed his head again, feeling his cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

''But they looked so... Professional.'' Taehyung spoke up causing Yoongi to let out a chuckle he was unable to hold back.

''No one's ever called my paintings that before.'' Yoongi smiled lightly, unable to compose himself due to the comment.

''So you're a painter?''

''I was, yes.''

''Wow...'' Taehyung needed a moment to process the newly learned information. ''What did you like to paint the most?''

''Ah... not sure. I did realism the most, those were just... Random bursts of creativity I guess.''

''They're really amazing though, I'd really love to see some of your other works.''

''I... Highly doubt that...'' Yoongi chuckled awkwardly as he started playing with his earring. ''They're not... The traditional type of paintings... I don't.... You know what I'm not even going to get into it.''

''No, tell me, please, I'd like to know.'' Taehyung begged as he scooted even closer to the male, unaware that he had scared the other by doing so.

''Well... I-I usually just do...'' Yoongi murmured something Taehyung couldn't understand.

''What did you say?'' He questioned.

''I... usually just paint nude models.'' Yoongi sighed, his cheeks a rosy color due to his confession.

''Oh, that's nice.'' Taehyung giggled, finding the male's state to be quite amusing to look at.

''I-I used to teach classes, on the study of the human body and we'd have nude models pose for the students.''

''So you were an art teacher as well?''

''In my free time, yes. Other than that I did a lot of murals back in the day, when I was still a kid.''

''That's so cool.'' Taehyung gushed like an excited child, but very quickly composed himself when he realized what he sounded like to Yoongi. ''Sorry, this is just so interesting to me.''

''You like art?''

''I love it. Paintings, sculptures, dancing, music...'' Taehyung couldn't help but smile warmly. ''I wanted to be a pianist when I was younger...'' He didn't know why he had just admitted that to Yoongi, but for some reason he felt the need to open up to him as well. And as he did, Yoongi's face lit up in excitement.

''You can play the piano?'' He questioned.

''I used to, but then I had to pick a college and so went my dreams of being a pianist.'' It was Taehyung's turn to get flustered.

''Can you play something for me?'' Yoongi questioned. It was his turn to take on the role of an excited child.

''I-I don't know if I still can, I haven't played in over a year now.'' Taehyung scratched the back of his neck as he glanced at the piano in the corner of the room.

''I have sheet music, like tons of it, you pick whichever just... I really wanna hear the piano again. I finally got it from my old house, but all it's been doing here is collecting dust...'' Taehyung saw Yoongi's expression sadden, he glanced at the piano, then back at Yoongi before getting up from the couch and making his way over to the instrument.

He sat down and took a deep breath.

His fingers traced over the shinny white keys and finally pressed down. Automatically his hands knew what to do, his other hand pressed down on the keys and he began playing, feeling as if he had never stopped at all.

Yoongi stayed on the couch and listened. He closed his eyes and rested his head back against the recliner. A small smile crept onto his lips, but he didn't bother conceal it, he just listened to the beautiful melody.