04

The very next day, Seokjin made his way to the café where he and Taehyung agreed to meet up.

As soon as he opened the door, he was hit with the scent off coffee and baked goods. He greeted the barista with a polite smile and nod then made his way over to an empty table and sat down.

''Hello, may I take your order?''

''One black coffee please.'' Seokjin spoke with a polite smile.

''Would you like a glass of water as well?''

''Yes please.'' 

''Okay, coming right up.'' The barista replied as she hurried back behind the counter.

Seokjin took out his phone and glanced down at the time. Taehyung should be arriving any minute now.

He sent the male a text to let him know he was already waiting for him inside and barely a minute later, another person entered the shop.

A male, fairly tall, short black hair covering his forehead, black-framed glasses covering most of his face. He wore a black turtleneck and black slacks. Seokjin found it odd for this type of weather, but then again his friend was no different.

That must've been him. 

He wondered what Yoongi would've thought of his appearance, the male sure loved everything that was pleasing to the eye.

He would've liked Taehyung.

Seokjin observed him for a bit longer as the male looked around the room, their eyes met and he smiled politely as he started making his way over to him.

''Are you by any chance Seokjin?'' He questioned, his jaw clenched the entire time he spoke.

''Yes, you must be Taehyung.'' The other male just nodded in confirmation but continued standing by the table. ''Sit down.''

''Oh, right.'' The males chuckled as Taehyung sat down opposite of Seokjin.

''It's nice to meet you, Taehuyng.'' 

''You too, hyung.'' 

''So, how exactly did you decide to give me a call?'' Seokjin decided to get straight to the point.

''Well, my friend, he's being mentored to be a nurse in the hospital where your friend stayed. And I found myself in a position where I need a job like such, so he offered me your number and well, I called.'' Taehyung explained as the barista made her way back over to them with Seokjin's drink.

''Hello, would you like anything as well?'' She questioned Taehyung.

''A cappuccino and a glass of water, please.'' Taehyung replied with a bright smile, the barista just nodded and made her way back over to the counter.

''What kind of position did you find yourself in, that requires you to help a blind person?'' Seokjin questioned with a raised eyebrow as he took a sip of his coffee.

''Well... You see, I'm actually in my third year of college right now... And I have this assignment due in two weeks, because I have the most unorganized professor possible and she changed the due date, but yeah anyway, I need to finish this assignment about the brain and different things that can cause it to stop working properly. You kind of need to meet with a person and write about what has happened to them and basically just write a whole biography about them...''

''And you thought Yoongi would be a good example?'' There was a hint of amusement hidden in Seokjin's expression and Taehyung couldn't help but be threatened by it.

''Was... Was that a bad idea?'' Taehyung questioned as he watched the male hold back a chuckle as he reached into his jacket for something.

He placed a key on the table and coughed to stop himself from laughing.

''How old are you, Taehyung?''

''Twenty-two.''

''Yoongi is twenty-six. When are your classes?''

''From eight to twelve, every day except Wednesday and weekends.'' Taehyung replied.

''Okay, he's been waking up pretty late all week long now so that won't be an issue. After class, you'll come to his place, maybe tidy up a bit if there's anything to tidy, offer to make him food and socialize with him. You don't need to help him to the bathroom or to shower or anything like that, he doesn't even let me help him with that. Try to get him out in the sun for at least twenty minutes a day and well, just keep him company until I arrive. If you have anything you need to study for or something like that you can easily do it there, he's always been a pretty quiet person around strangers. Which is why I find it hard to believe you will be able to get him to talk, but feel free to give it a shot.''

''Is he... competent?'' Taehyung tried to find the right word to say to not offend anybody, but there was really no right word in such situations.

''Yes, of course. Sorry, did I make it sound like he isn't. He's fine mentally and everything, just... He's having a hard time adjusting to what's happened, I don't blame him, it's so recent. But I can't have him all alone all day long, he needs someone to keep him company so he doesn't go crazy.''

''So I got the job?'' Taehyung questioned with a raised brow.

''That's for you to decide after you meet him.''