20

That very same afternoon, Taehyung made his way down the hallway of his own apartment complex.

He felt a strange mix of emotions inside his chest.

On one hand, his heart felt content and he couldn't stop himself from smiling like an idiot. But at the same time, there was a slight pang in his chest. Caused by the fact that he had to leave Yoongi early so he could go home and study for his exam.

He didn't want to leave, but Yoongi had forced him to, saying he would be disappointed if he didn't do well on the exam. So in the end he obeyed and went home with the purpose to study.

Only that was very quickly disturbed when he entered his shared apartment.

''Tae, is that you?'' A hoarse voice called out as he closed the door behind himself and kicked his shoes to the ground.

''Yeah?'' He called out, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he hurried into the living room, knowing his best friend's voice was coming from there.

Upon entering, he noticed his best friend sitting on the couch, a blanket wrapped around him and a pillow hugged to his chest as he sobbed and cried.

''Hey, what happened?'' Taehyung hurried over to him and instantly pulled him into a hug causing Jimin to cry out again.

''I-I do-... I don't know!'' Jimin cried out as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck and continued to sob and hiccup.

''Why are you crying, what happened?'' Taehyung spoke softly as he rubbed the other's back in attempt to calm him down.

''Ko-Kookie... I-I think we broke up...'' Jimin whimpered.

Taehyung pulled away from the hug so he could look Jimin in the eye, making sure he heard him correctly.

It was quite a heartbreaking sight to witness, the latter's eyes were swollen, his cheeks were red and stained with tears as he shook and hiccuped in attempt to further explain what happened.

''Hey, hey, let's get you to calm down... And then you'll start from the beginning about what happened, alright?'' Jimin only nodded in reply as he used the pillow to wipe his tears away. ''Do you want a tissue, or something to drink?''

''Some water please...'' Jimin murmured as he wiped at his eyes again.

''I'll be right back.'' Taehyung assured as he rushed into the kitchen, no longer able to hold back his glare.

He was furious at Jungkook.

The male has been so rude to both of them lately, he never wanted to talk or hang out and when he did he was snappy and annoyed ruining all of their moods.

He poured his best friend a glass of water then grabbed the paper towels and hurried back into the living room. His expression once again worried and sympathetic.

''Here you go.'' He spoke softly as he offered the latter the glass of water. Jimin took a small sip then handed the glass back, his hands feeling far too shaky to be able to hold the glass without dropping it.

He took the paper towel Taehyung had offered him, and blew his nose into it before taking a deep breath to calm himself down a bit.

''Can you tell me what happened?''

''W-we were gonna go out to eat today... b-but then last minute I told him I-I should probably study instead a-and he just...'' Jimin cut himself off as he started crying again. ''H-he started shouting a-all of a sudden a-and saying how I-I never have time b-but... But when it's about me h-he always has to make time and-and I-I don't know what came over him he just... He just got so mad a-and he started saying how he's tired of my shit a-and that I-I... that I always do this... I-I don't know where all of this came from... H-he, he just left after a-and I-I don't know what to do...''

Jimin started crying again causing Taehyung to hug him tightly, not being able to bare to see his best friend cry.

He knew this day would come, since the second Jungkook first pulled him into a kiss, he knew this day would come. He knew one day he and Jungkook would be responsible for Jimin bawling his eyes out, wondering what he did wrong to deserve this.

But he never thought Jimin wouldn't even be aware that it was Taehyung's fault he was crying. Nor did he think he'd feel such an urge to cry as well.

''W-what did I do wrong?'' Jimin cried out the sentence Taehyung dreaded to hear for so long now. ''I-I don't wanna lose him, Tae... I love him.''

''I know...'' Taehyung tried his best to keep his voice calm. He shut his eyes close and hugged his best friend even tighter, regretting every single time he wished Jungkook had just made his decision.

He hated himself for ever even allowing the male to kiss him. Drunk or not, it was wrong and they should never have continued what they did.

Jungkook shouldn't have dragged him away from the crowd that night. He shouldn't have kissed him and told him that it was okay, because they wouldn't tell anybody. He shouldn't have smiled so sweetly and whisper such sweet things to Taehyung. He shouldn't have asked for his phone number. Taehyung shouldn't have given it to him. Neither should've proceeded to text each other after that night. Neither should have agreed to meet up and do it all over again.

''I-I love him so much...'' Jimin continued to cry out.

''I know, Chim, I know you do... I'm so sorry... I'm so, so sorry.''

''You didn't do anything wrong... Don't apologize for him.'' Jimin murmured as he buried his face into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

''I'm still sorry...'' Taehyung repeated ''I'm so fucking sorry...'' He whispered to himself as Jimin hugged him even tighter.

''It hurts...''

''I know, I'm sorry Chim...''