New Friends Part 2

Im running through the apartment, trying to get away from Eric. Hes screaming, and throwing everything in his grasp across the room.

Eric: COME HERE Y/N!

I sob as I lock myself into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and see the dark purple bruises on my arms and neck. More tears form in my eyes as Eric bangs on the door screaming. I slide down the wall and curl up into a ball.

Eric: YOULL NEVER ESCAPE ME.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a cold sweat in a hospital bed. I remember what happened as I feel the pounding pain on the side of my face. No one is in the room, until a nurse comes in.

Nurse: Oh good, youre awake. Ill go get your friends.

I am confused for a moment, before remembering Andrew and all of the people he brought to try to help me.

Andrew, David, Carly, Heath, Elton, and Shane all come in.

Andrew: They said we can only have six people at a time.

I nod and rub the egg sized bump on my head.

Y/N: So what happened?

Andrew: Well im sure you remember him trapping you inside?

I nod.

Andrew: We broke back inside right as he knocked you out, and Heath, Scott, Jason, Todd, and Jeff and jumped on him, pinning him to the ground. Then they got a few blows in on him to get him to stop fighting. Shane called the cops to come get him, and Elton helped me get you to my car to drive you here.

Y/N: Thank you. All of you. Who broke the door down?

Everyone looks towards Elton and he looks down at his feet, showing a gash in his leg, from what I'm assuming was kicking through the door and getting cut.

Y/N: Oh, Elton. Im so sorry. That looks like it hurts.

Elton: Its all good.

More groups of six people come in and out, visiting, handing me various flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals. Finally, the doctor releases me, and I walk outside with everyone.

Y/N: Thank you all, really. I really appreciate the help.

Everyone mumbles "your welcomes" and then line up to give you their number, making you giggle. We all sit and chat in a grass patch, and I tell my story with Eric, when I remember the bruises on my arms and neck, when I zip up my jacket, hoping none of them noticed.

Andrew: Arent you hot? Its like ninety out here.

I shrug and take a sip of the water the hospital gave me.

Andrew: Come on, lets take this off.

Andrew takes my jacket off and pauses, seeing the bruises.

Andrew: How long has this been going on?

His words caught everyones attention.

Y/N: Two years...

I feel ashamed again as the words slip through my lips.

Andrew hugs me and everyone gives me sympathetic looks. Soon everyone has given me a hug and we were back to chatting in the grass. Soon, it was sunset and everyone was getting ready to go home.

Y/N: Thank you all, really. I probably wouldnt have made it out of that apartment alive if it wasnt for all of you.

I look to Andrew.