Chapter 8: New Friends

Name: Tsuyu Asui

Quirk: Her quirk allows her to do anything a frog can do such as: hopping long distances, sticking to walls, extending her tongue (which can lift an entire person's body) up to a maximum of 20 meters, ejecting/washing her stomach, secreting toxic, sticky liquid, and camouflage. However, when she is in cold environments for too long, she is unable to use her quirk and goes into hibernation.

-------------

Izuku grinned and hung upside down from the tree branch he was on. He was waiting for Uraraka and Iida to meet up with him at a park. Uraraka texted the two of them in their group chat asking to meet up since Iida was feeling better. Izuku was more excited than usual because he wanted to ask his friends about their classmate, Todoroki.

For some reason, he didn't use his left side. Sure his ice was powerful but he wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't use his quirk to it's full potential. He tried to think of reasons for why Todoroki didn't use his fire and came to the conclusion that his father was the cause. Well, he'd be able to get the answers he was looking for if all went according to plan.

"Haru! Hi!" Uraraka had given him the nickname Haru, he liked it much better than Deku.

He looked at the upside down Uraraka, she was accompanied by familiar faces. Faces he saw on TV. Tsuyu Asui and Todoroki Shouto. He was surprised, Uraraka was quite useful. "Hey Uraraka!" He hopped out of the tree and instantly went into his fanboy act. "Oh my gosh, Tsuyu Asui and Todoroki Shouto! I saw you guys at the sports festival, of course I didn't get to say hi but I did like your fights."

Tsuyu blushed. "I didn't really place but it was fun. Uraraka and Todoroki did much better."

"Don't be silly! Your quirk works much better around water anyways. I bet you'd have tons of advantages in water based fights! Your quirk is really impressive, though I guess all quirks are impressive to a guy with no quirk." He rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly laughed.

Uraraka pouted. "You're still good at hand to hand!" She looked at her friends. "Haru spars with me after school sometimes, he is actually really hard for me to beat because I can't make him float since he is like a dodging master."

"I'd like to spar with you one day kero. Can I call you Haru too?"

Izuku smiled. "Of course Asui!"

"Call me Tsuyu."

Izuku looked over at Todoroki who had been silent the whole time. "Ummm...it's nice to meet you! I think your quirk is really cool! It's amazing how you didn't even need your left side until the last fight. It's cool that you still didn't use it but I was sad when you didn't win."

Todoroki looked over at him with a neutral expression, Izuku shivered. Todoroki's stare gave him chills. "Thanks...I guess."

Izuku kept his smile and whispered to Uraraka. "Not much for conversation is he?"

"Give him time, he's the one who saved Iida from those two villains. I bet he's still shaken up." She pointed at Todoroki's arm. "He has bandages on under his jacket, that's why he's wearing one on a warm day."

Izuku of course knew this fact since he was there when Todoroki was stabbed. "That's horrible. I saw Stain getting arrested on the news but they didn't show Iida or Todoroki. They said Endeavor was the hero though."

"Iids told me the truth, so it's our little secret okay?"

"Okay. Pinky promise I won't tell."

She linked her pinky with his but squeaked in surprise when she heard a voice behind her. "What are you two whispering about?"