Twenty

~
Alexis
~

'Leaked Photo Fuels Speculations: Does Billie Eilish Have a Secret Girlfriend?'

An anonymous source says they found the picture on a lost cell phone in a popular nightlife district of Detroit, MI. The source says they recognized Billie on the home screen immediately, and we agree that it's either Billie herself or an uncanny doppelgänger. Considering the fact that the phone was found the morning after Billie's show in Detroit, it would be a pretty wild coincidence if it's not her. The picture on the home screen shows Eilish in bed with another woman, who we now know is Alexis Ackerman...

"How the fuck do they know my name?" I stop reading to ask, my eyebrows furrowed. "What the fuck? My face is barely in the picture."

"I dunno, they're annoyingly good at finding shit like that out," Billie replies and I groan as I lean back against the wall.

So, apparently someone found my phone that I lost when I went clubbing with Grey, and instead of calling someone in my contacts to give it back like a normal fucking person, they took a picture of my home screen and sold it to the tabloids. While the picture isn't totally definitive the way it would be if we were kissing or something, it's still pretty clear that we're more than friends.

Billie took that picture when we were in bed together one morning when she slept over at my place. Her head is resting against the pillows and she's scrunching her nose cutely while my head is nuzzled into her neck and my arm is wrapped around her protectively. We were actually both naked when she took the picture, but luckily the sheets and our limbs or covering everything so you can't tell in the picture.

"Why couldn't that bitch just give me my phone back instead of pulling this shit?" I grumble.

I've only been awake for a few minutes, but we woke up to Billie's phone going off only to find texts from a shit ton of people with this article attached. Definitely not how I wanted to start my morning, but at least I woke up next to Billie to make up for it.

"Because when you're in the public eye people forget to treat you like a normal person," Billie mumbles sadly, and I turn to look at her with a sympathetic frown.

Recently Billie's been getting more frustrated than usual by the fame side of her career, completely understandably of course. For a little while she got good at brushing things off, but it's gotten to the point where she can't go to a corner store to grab a bag of chips without being mobbed, and she's exhausted.

"I'm sorry, this is my fault," I mumble and she shakes her head.

"No, it's not. It was going to come out one way or another, it was inevitable," she assures me and rests her head on my shoulder with a tired sigh.

"How do you feel about it?" I ask softly and rest my head on top of hers.

"I don't wanna go public," she says honestly. "Not that I don't love showing you off, because I really do, but not with everyone. Because once everyone is involved, shit gets messy. Entitled assholes think they have a say in my personal life and try to dictate it, people make up shitty rumors to get some clicks, it sucks. I don't want another thing that might get between us."

I frown and pull her even closer to me. "This isn't going to get between us, nothing can," I assure her and kiss the top of her head.