Twenty Six

*okay this is the most unedited a chapter has ever been before posting so it's probably full of some wack typos*

~
Billie
~

"Lexi, stop that."

"Absolutely not," she replies as she continues to ride around the empty concert hall on my knee scooter with a childish grin on her face. "I'm so speedy."

"You're such a kid," I say with an amused chuckle and she doesn't reply, too focused on zooming across the concrete floor.

Due to me being so, well, prone to injury, we always have a knee scooter on tour with us now, just in case I hurt myself again. When Lexi found it on one of the other busses that caries a bunch of the instruments and equipment, there was no stopping her.

"At least give me a turn," I whine after a moment of watching her entertain herself with a smile of pure joy on her face.

"Get your own."

"That is my own."

"Finder's keepers," she says and winks playfully as she wizzes by me.

I roll my eyes hard in response but, as much as I try I can't keep the smile off my face. Goofy Lexi is my favorite Lexi, and she's feeling particularly playful this morning.

"If you don't gimme a turn I won't have sex with you for a week," I challenge and the scooter comes to a sudden halt, the breaks squeaking and Lexi's body lurching forward slightly.

She backs it up until she's beside me then looks up at me, looking absolutely ridiculous. "Now let's not be hasty."

"You're such a dork," I mumble as I look down at her, for once being the taller between us.

"Yet you're madly in love with me," she counters and grins up at me. "Gimme a kiss and you can have a turn."

I look around to make sure we're still alone before leaning down to press a chaste kiss to her lips, but she reaches up to grab one of my chains and keep me in place while she deepens the kiss. I instantly give in to it and kiss her back passionately. She knows I have a thing for her playing with my chains like this.

Eventually I pull my lips away and look around again, pleased to see that it's as empty as it was before I kissed her.

"I love you," Lexi mumbles as she gazes up at me, her eyes sparkling the way mine probably are as well.

"I love you too," I say quietly and feel my heart flutter at her words, as if I haven't heard them a thousand times. "Okay now get up, it's my turn," I demand and she rolls her eyes playfully but gets up from the scooter without anymore protest.

We spend a little while longer messing around in the concert hall, until some guys in vests come in and tell us they have to start setting up barricades and things for the show later. Lexi and I go back to the bus to kill some time, and now I find myself here: sitting between Lexi's legs, leaning my back against her front, and watching The Office play on the laptop in front of us.

"I'd totally do Karen," Lex pipes up with her chin resting on my shoulder and I let out a huff. "If I wasn't dating you, of course," she adds and I just grumble in reply.