Reconnection

It's been five years since I escaped that fake life of mine. Rose is now 15 while Darcy is 13. As I drive back home from dropping them off at school I get call from Zayn. We've been in a bad place lately.

We had lost touch after Harry was arrested but he found me and we reconnected over a year ago. I've raised the girls on my own since I didn't trust many people.

Zayn asked me on a date to which I said yes but now that the day is here I don't feel prepared to date. It's been years since I've wanted to impress a guy. And to be honest I don't want to impress Zayn, at least I don't feel like I need to.

I decide to answer his second call. "Hey Zayn, sorry I couldn't find my phone and I'm driving right now."

"That's fine," he says. "I just wanted to ask if you were still up for that date today?"

"Definitely," I say, "I'll meet you there at eight?"

"Oh I was thinking I could pick you up," he says.

I sigh, "I'm sorry, I just," I bite my lip thinking of the right way to say this, "I don't feel comfortable not being able to drive home on my own. It's not you, it's me-"

"That was very inconsiderate of me," he says, "that's completely fine. I'll meet you outside of the cinema."

"Sounds good, I'll see you later," I say.

"Okay bye," he says.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Zayn*

I arrive to the cinema early and buy the tickets. When Rubi arrives we head in and choose a place in the middle. As the movie starts I grab Rubi's arm gently as she has the two crossed. She holds my hand but doesn't allow me to interlock our fingers as she keeps her fingers tightly together.

When the movie is over we head to our cars. I walk her to hers and I find that my good friend slashed her tires as I asked him to.

"Do you want me to just give you a ride home?"

She sighs, "Yeah I guess."

The ride isn't too bad, she just seems flustered. When I pull up to her driveway I grab her hand. "Listen tonight was a lot of fun for me." I grab the back of her neck with my free hand and pull her in for a kiss. She pulls away immediately.

"I need to be going now," she says.

"Rubi-" she closes the door before I can say anything.

The next day I go to her house and use the key that Rose had given me in because she hoped her mum and I would end up together.

A few minutes later she returns from dropping off the kids at school. She walks in and gasps when she sees me.

"What-"

"Rose gave me a key."

She sighs, "What do you want?" her eyes water.

"I just really like you," I pull her to me and I can't control myself as I take her to her room and strip her of her clothes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Rose*

Darcy and I had to go to my uncle Liam's house because my mum sent a note telling us to.

"Do you know what happened to mum?" I ask him.

"I don't actually, she just asked me to pick you munchkins up."

"Can we go home and grab my textbook?" I ask.

"Sure why not?"

When we arrive I see police cars all around my house. I panic thinking my mum is in there and that she could've been killed.

Liam makes me stay in the car as he finds out what happened. My mum runs up to him and hugs him as she cries. She has bruises up and down her arms, they look like hand prints.

He hugs her as she cries. She makes her way over to the car and takes us out. "Rosey did you give Zayn a key to the house?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Oh Rosey why would you do that?" she asks devastated.

"B-because he's my dad-"

"He's not your dad," she says menacingly.

"Yes he is! It isn't my fault you're a whore and slept with two different men!" I cry. And with that I run off.

"Rosey!" she screams as she tries to run after me but uncle Liam stops her.