ii ☆ all they care about is the rush

🌱

🌱

Two days later after the whole incident at Fez's, Suki was laying on her bed rewatching Twilight for what seemed like the thousandth time and smoking a king-sized joint when she heard the doorbell ring. She sighs knowing no one is home and that she'd have to get up and answer the door, so she gets up and runs down the stairs and opens the front door.

"Rue.." Suki takes a breath. Her best friend was standing right in front of her, but she looks the same like nothing had changed.

Rue pulls Suki in for a hug, "Hey, Susu."

"I ain't know you was back," Suki says, wrapping her arms around the taller girl.

"Yeah, I've been tryna get used to being home and shit. I was just about to pull up on Fez, you wanna come?" Rue pulls away.

"Yeah, just lemme get my keys. We can go in my car," Suki suggests. She runs up the stairs, shuts her laptop, and grabs her joint before running back downstairs and grabbing her keys. She locks the front door behind her then she unlocks her car.

The ride to Fez's was silent like their time apart had put this awkward wall between them. Suki parks the car and sits there for a second as Rue gets out of the car. She takes a deep breath and exits the car, walking over to where Fez is sat.

"Hey, Fez," Suki smiles at the boy softly.

"How you feelin'? You good?" He asks the girl as she sat down on the floor next to his chair.

"Yeah, I'm okay, sorry 'bout all that," Rue looks at Suki as if to say 'what happened'.

Fez didn't wanna press Suki for information so he turns to Rue, "Some new girl in town that I think you gon' be friends with."

"Who?"

"Shit, ion know. She came in yesterday lookin' all Sailor Moon and shit. I'm thinkin' to myself, like, look like somebody Rue would get along with."

Which was sorta like a dead-on observation for Fezco, who's not normally revolving in the same direction as planet Earth.

Fez lights his black and takes a hit, "So how long you been back?"

"5 days."

"And like, how you feelin'?"

"I mean, ever since I gave my life over to my lord and savior Jesus Christ, things have been really good." Suki almost burst out laughing at that.

"Word? That's what's up."

"Hm, yeah, I'm fuckin' witchu, Fez."

Suki chuckles quietly as Fez laughs, "Shit, I don't judge."

"But lowkey, is Ashtray in the back?"

Fez looks up at Rue with an unreadable expression on his face, "You serious?"

"What? You think 'cause I went to rehab I stayed clean?"

"I mean, ain't that the point?"

"Yeah, well, the world is coming to an end and I haven't even graduated high school yet," Rue turns around and heads inside to look for Ashtray.

Suki sighs and shakes her head, looking up at Fez from her position on the floor, "I told you," she tells him softly. He takes a hit from his black, a troubled look coming across his face.

In a way, Suki couldn't help but feel like a hypocrite. She wasn't acting like she wasn't almost in my predicament a few months ago. She still smoked copious amounts of weed to take the edge off, but to her that's the most sober she'll ever be.

"I've seen too many people because of this shit, I don't need her dying too," Fez admits and Suki nods, agreeing with him.

"She don't understand that the shit she does hurts everyone else more than it hurts her," Suki leans her head on the arm of the plastic chair.

"She's an addict. All they care about is the rush," Fez sighs, leaning back on his chair and taking another hit from his black. "There's gon' be a party at McKay's tonight, you comin'?"

"If you or Rue are going, most likely."

At that moment, Nate Jacobs decides to roll up in his giant fucking truck with Chris McKay in the passenger seat. Fez gets up and Suki does too, trailing behind him as he goes to get a keg for Nate. The tall boy greets her and she nods in acknowledgment.

McKay sticks his head out of the window and looks at her, "Hey, Suki."

"Hi, McKay," She waves.

Chris McKay had a crush on Suki since sophomore year, but he let it go after she said no to him all the times he'd asked her out. He was cute and really sweet, but she just wasn't ready for a relationship. I mean, if she couldn't keep track of herself half the time, how could she keep track of someone else? On the other hand, Suki really hated Nate. In truth, I didn't have a problem with Nate until all the bullshit with Jules. I mean, I never liked him. Once during freshman formal, he tried to finger me on the dance floor without my permission. But like, it's America and if they were throwing an end-of-summer party?

"Yo! I'd do it for Rue!" Nate kisses his three fingers and puts them up in the air like in the Hunger Games and drives off with a laugh.

Of course, I'd fucking go.