SEQUEL

*SEQUEL IS DONE*

So go read it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty sure that's how you're supposed to start these, right? This is my first A/N so go easy on me, plus I wrote it on my phone.
Pretty much just decided to post this update after all the inquiries I got asking about the potential sequel. So without further ado, I can absolutely confirm that Not Another High School Love Story won't be the last you see of Brent and Jonah!

Just a few things I'll share with you:
-A sequel was always planned, I started outlining it immediately after finishing NAHSLS way back in February (where y'all been??)
-Rest easy, fam, our boys aren't breaking up, I'm not gonna go with the cliché of rippin em apart just to spend a pointless novel getting them back together. I ain't never gonna write a book just for the sake of it.
-Instead, I imagine that any relationship would experience it's difficulties as it changes into adulthood and a more mature setting--especially a romantic one.
-That being said, the sequel will actually be told from Brent's POV. Jonah had a great arc where he got to learn and grow and expand, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought Brent still has a bit to go...
-I also left some very specific open ends in NAHSLS that I plan to work with in the sequel, so get pumped son
-The tentative title is: "The Art of Being a F*ck Up"

-FINALLY: The outline is pretty much done, I'm just in the phase of what I like to call 'putting meat on the bones'. So, in the meantime, if there are any specific things you want to see/explore in the sequel, now's your chance to help shape the future of our boys. Drop me a comment and lemme kno!

EDIT 9/5/19:
So as of writing this, I am about a quarter of the way done with the sequel. For those who keep asking/wondering, I'm expecting the sequel to be finished by December. I will only post it once it's completely done, so bear with me as I make it the best it can be!
Make sure you follow me so you can be the first to see it when it goes up!

EDIT 1/9/20:
For those of you lame people (jk) who haven't followed me and therefore didn't see my post, I very clearly didn't make that December deadline. I am, in fact, very sorry, and know that I am working on. For inquisitive minds who want to know what the hold up is, or if you just want to send venomous death threats, please slide over into my DMs
I make no promises on when it will be out :)

PS also thinking about doing another A/N to go over some of the frequently asked questions/comments y'all had throughout the book, but I ain't sure lol