𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Next Thursday, 2:11 P

Next Thursday, 2:11 P.M

"Good afternoon, bae." Keith greeted me, smiling goofily.

I sat my bag down on the floor and took my usual seat in front of him. "I don't know why you playing like that," I cringed at the word bae. "You know I hate that word."

He just laughed, shaking his head. Ever since he confessed to me, Keith's been more cheerful; probably because of my response to it.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, sitting up straight. "Well, what about you?"

"Not too bad," He responded, looking off at the rest of the café until the waiter came with our usual orders and they walked away.

Taking a sip of my espresso, Keith looked very anxious like he was waiting for something. Then I quickly remembered why I scheduled this little date. "Oh, my bad, I invited you here to ask you something."

"Really? What did you want to ask?"

"Well...tonight my boss is holding a late engagement party for his son and his future daughter-in-law, that the whole staff is invited to..." My voice trailed off as I raised the mug to lips and took another sip.

"So you're basically asking me if I want to go with you?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

I took a deep breath, putting my pride aside, "Yes Keith, I'm asking you to come with me as my date."

He stood up from his seat, putting on his wool trench coat that was hanging on the back of his chair. I watched him leave ten dollars under his coffee mug and walk out of the shop.

I took the last sip of my espresso, put on my coat and caught up with him.

I refuse to be left looking dumb-founded without any discussion on what we were going to wear, etc.

"Why'd you leave and what are we going to wear?" I asked, practically jogging trying to keep up with the long legged man I called my best friend.

"I just think we should leave the outfits a mystery to test our telepathy." Keith said with a slight chuckle. "Now have a good rest of your day at work," He gave me a cocky wink and a cheesy smile then went down into the train station, leaving me with butterflies in my stomach.

I stopped right before the steps and watched him go down the stairs. I rolled my eyes and hurried to Central Park.

I can't believe his dumbass just gone leave: UNINFORMED at that. Then had the nerve to basically tell me figure it out. But he was the least of my worries right now.

Nya had wanted me to be the photographer for her and Kofi's pre-wedding photos. The setting was at Central Park so the theme was winter because of how much snow was covering the park.