𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔

"Fuck!" I silently-yelled, kicking a chair on my office

The veins in my neck were throbbing from the amount of stress I was in. Why this shit always happen to me? I try to be happy and the shit backfires.

Picking up my phone, I looked at the post again. I hadn't even realized she was taking a picture until I looked up and she took it.

A small grin formed on my face until someone abruptly barged in the office. I didn't really have to guess to know who it was.

"What the hell, Kofi!?" Nya yelled, slamming the door behind her.

I sighed, preparing for the conversation we were about to have. Something I didn't need to guess either. "So you don't have anything to say to me?!"

"Stop all that yelling please," I gritted my teeth from the pain of my headache.

"I have the right to yell nigga! I wasn't the one stepping out of our marriage! You were!"

"If you weren't so fucking naive, you would have realized this relationship was 1/99. I feel bad because you're a beautiful and deserve better but I do not want you romantically." I spoke truthfully, holding her hands.

Instead of understanding the words coming out of my mouth, in response, Nya gave me a hard slap to my face.

The stinging lingered on my cheek, probably making my face red. "I don't have a more appealing explanation for you so just accept what happened and let it go," I told her firmly.

She was on the verge of tears. I couldn't do anything to help her feel any better herself but I had no reason to apologize to her.

I did what I did with no regrets; I even stepped out of my relationship with Ryan but that was when I was at my lowest.

"I'm sorry, Nya, but I'm not remorseful for my actions," I said, putting a frown on her face while pulling out my phone and checking a new notification. "Now if you'd excuse me, my father would like to have a discussion with me."

I walked around her and made my way to my father's limo outside of the building. He was still trying to fully recover from the accident so he was now walking around with a cane.

"Son." He greeted me.

"Father."

He cleared his throat before speaking. "I'm not mad at you. I understand the situation and I am actually glad your heart led you to Ryan."

I was shocked. I knew he favored Ryan but I wouldn't think he'd find this scandal as a good thing. "You good?" He asked, bringing attention to my silence.

"Just wasn't the reaction I expected from you," I chuckled.

"Alright, but down to business, Kofi," He spike sternly. "I need you to go to London for a while."