Chapter 6:Home sweet home....

This Chapter mentions abuse and is kind of short. This chapter is also in first person.
Im thinking about making Taylor not human. Any suggestions?
Also should I stay in third person or do more 1st person or both?

Staying cooped up in an attic of a church could drive anyone crazy yet I had no choice with Marcel and Davina getting protective over me. It annoyed me to no end yet there was nothing I could do.

"Davinaaaaaaa" I whined laying on the floor. "I must go home"

"Why,you dont even like your parents" Davina kept drawing not even glancing at me. Feeling ignored I simply whined and rolled around on the floor. "Free me...im innocent..you cant do this...im a free soul who needs to breath fresh air"

"Ok ok Tay go ahead a leave but please stay safe" marcel snapped walking into the room.

"What no.those monsters are after her" Davina glared at him before glaring at me who rolled towards the door. "Freeeeedom!" I yelled getting up. I quickly ran out the room before Davina could change Marcel's mind.

Running into the busy street of New Orleans I couldnt help the smile that overtook my features as I weaved past tourists. I missed it dearly even if others thought I was weird with doing so. Stopping in front of MY 'home' I coulsnt help but hesitated before walking inside. My father was passed out on the couch with beer bottles laid out on the floor. Without question I started cleaning up his mess knowing what would happen if I didnt.

After cleaning I made my way to the kitchen and took out some leftovers. Warming up the spaghetti I took it up to my room and locked the door. Days like this annoyed me the most. Yes I could leave for a couple days but if I didnt check in I would pay for it dearly. My mother won't in the picture but I did have a step mom who was a druggy. I hated them both even my older brother and sister who did nothing but belitter me since I was his bastard child. His mistake

Hated for something that was out of my hands hurt. Evey punch, kick and slap hurt even more. This physical and mental abuse hurt greatly yet I will never let them break me for I am strong and survived this lond despite there words and hatred.