2. The Sleepover

As Keilani left her conference, annoyed and overwhelmed, she got a call from her best friend, Bren. "Hello, Bren." She smiled, entering her personal office that overlooked the busy city.

"Hey Kei!" Her best friend yelled excitedly. "What's up?"

She laughed into the phone looking out her giant office windows.

"Have you seen the news!" Bren continued to yell.

"No, I've been in a long ass meeting." Keilani rolled her eyes while turning her TV onto the news. Keilani heard the doorbell from Bren's house through her phone.

"I'll call u in a few my pizza is here." She laughed and hung up the phone.

Keilani turned on the news and sat in her office chair. She saw the big red border with white letters spelling out 'BREAKING NEWS'. She turned the volume up and listened carefully.

"Hi I'm Terra Wilson and I'm here at Leno's Jewelry one of the most expensive jewelry stores in the state. Here at Leno's they sell everything from birth stones to rubies to emeralds to diamonds but today they're only selling sadness. This afternoon took a dark turn when everyone and literally everyone passed out from a gas we know as local anesthesia that is normally used as a tool for surgery. There was no DNA found on the scene but police are suspecting 4 men in a dark car that was speeding through the streets. The police did lose them toward the backroads. They advise everyone to stay careful and to not open doors to strangers. More with this story at 5, I'm Terra Wilson and this is channel 14 news."

Keilani turned her tv off and sighed. Thinking that she would never see them she dismissed the story and began to type things on her computer that happened in her earlier conference. She took calls and scheduled meetings and decided to take Friday off since she was too stressed.

"Melissa." Keilani said into the phone intercom. "Yes ma'am." Her secretary answered quickly. "I'm taking Friday off so I need you to make a list of importance so I can either reschedule for Thursday or Monday." She said while typing out an email to the company of her planned absence. "Yes ma'am." Melissa replied and hung up.

Keilani glances at her clock seeing 4pm. She decided to just take her work home to finish and packed all her things to leave the office. As she exited the building and got into her black BMW she took a minute in car just to relax. Breathing out she called her best friend on her speaker.

"Heyoo." Bren called out into the phone. "Heyy." Keilani laughed into the phone. "Did you see it?" Bren asked with her mouth full of pizza. "Yeah, poor Leno." Keilani sighed. "I know, I remember when him and your dad were close and he'd bring jewelry for our birthdays." Bren giggled. "Yeah." Keilani smiled while keeping her eyes on the road. "Are you on your way home?" Bren questioned. "Yeah, you coming?" Keilani asked while taking the turn onto some backroads. "Yeah I got to go to the bank and shit but I'll be there at like 6." Bren rambled. "Sleepover?" Keilani suggested. "YEEESSS!" Bren yelled into her phone. "Okay I'm close to the house so I'll see you at six." She laughed. "Okay byyeeeeee." Bren drug out and hung up.

Pulling into her driveway Keilani had a big smile on her face. Exiting her car with all her stuff in her hands she walked to her front door. Pulling her keys out the door opened, She was greeted by her mom.

"Hello hunny, welcome back." Her mom smiled warmly. Keilani smiles back and hugged her.

Keilani's mom had moved into her pool house a year ago since her father left for a long business trip. Her mom was a little lonely so Kei took it upon herself to take care of her mom and make sure she was the happiest she could try to be. She still wanted to live on her own and not have her mom everywhere so she had redone the pool house and gave it to her mom.

"Hi mom." She grinned going into her house. Entering her house she went straight to her home office and sat down. When she logged into her computer she had a notification about movement in her cameras. When she looked at the footage there was nothing so she dismissed it. She continued to do more work and finished at around 5:45 pm.

She ordered food from postmate and waited for Bren to show up. When she did show she had bags of her clothes but she also had shopping bags. Keilani let her in excitedly.

"So I may have done a lil' something." Bren laughed. "And that would be." Keilani laughed crossing her arms. "I bought this dress for you right." Bren explained. "You what." "I bought you a dress... It was pretty expensive." "Why in the hell would you do that?" Keilani rolled her eyes after closing the door. "We're gonna have a small shoot tomorrow and have a good time." Bren shrugged "I mean..." Keilani shrugged

A few weeks prior Keilani had a photo shoot with a big company for their clothing line. Keilani had shot with big companies before but for this one it was with a teen magazine to be nominated for youngest CEO.

"I haven't done a shoot in a while so I mean we can." Keilani pondered. "So let's look through all the sexy shit you have." Bren said excitedly. "Okay." Keilani laughed.

After collecting her postmates and going through her entire closet and picking out outfits from sexy lingerie to the Gucci and Louis V dresses, Keilani had a few dresses picked out for the photoshoot the following day, as she peered into her closet she had leaned against the door frame looking at the one dress she would never wear. There was a Louis Vitton dress that had been custom made for Keilani for her wedding day but the tragedy to the dress and why she couldn't bring herself to wear it was due to on her wedding day she was left at the altar. It was a beautiful dress but the memories of her almost putting it on and everyone telling her hat he was nowhere to be found would prevent her from doing anything with it as she put it in a box and hung it in the back where she wouldn't have to question her worth. "You should wear it for the photoshoot," Bren said quietly behind Keilani. "I know but..." Keilani trailed off. "He left the old you at the altar not the new sexy, strong, amazing, and talented you. He left the one that just wanted love and nothing else for herself. Now you have a fucking empire without a man. You did this, now wear the dress to show em that he fucked up bad," Bren explained to her best friend. "Yeah, you're right! I don't need a fuckin man! Look at me now, hoes!" Keilani laughed, taking out the dress and setting it with the other clothes for the following day.

Just as the two stopped laughing, the doorbell rang. "I ordered another pizza..." Bren laughed. "Okay, ill go put in a movie." Keilani shouts from the top of the stairs. "I don't want a movie." Brem yelled back. "Then im putting on Big Mouth." Keilani said walking into the living room to turn on Netflix.

Bren took longer than expected so Keilani went to the front door to see a young girl crying with a black eye poorly covered in concealer.

"I'm sorry, i've been here too long I gotta go." The younger girl said. "No, come in." Keilani said grabbing the girls shoulder and escorting her into her house. "So what's your name." Keilani continued. "My name is Ellie, Ellie Clark." "Cut the shit. Who did it?" Bren said standing with crossed arms. "I have abusive surroundings." Ellie answered. "So why are you working for a pizza place?" Bren asked. "I have to buy my own food and pay for ubers and I pay for my phone so I have to have a job." Ellie explained. "Well then come work for me." Bren replied quickly. "I don't know..." Ellie trailed off. "Think about it Keilani said noticing the girls phone ringing. "Okay, can I have the number?" The young girl asked. "Yeah, call me when you know your answer or if you ever need anything." Bren replied sincerely. "Okay, thank you, Ms...?" "Lee." "Thank you Ms. Lee." The younger girl said walking out of the house waving goodbye.

"Okay, back to the clothes." Bren said with an excited clap dragging Kei back to the room.