6. The Fight & the Jealousy

The boys were back in the basement as they were discussing when their stay would be too long. As Miles paced he was in denial as what had happened, he could've been shot. Brooks was enjoying Miles being the only one that was freaking out as he was usually the funny one in this kind of situation, even when the group was in prison Miles would make it a funny situation.

"Okay so are we staying because if not then i'm warming up the car and we're out of here?" Conner asked. "Okay but didn't that Keilani girl agree way to fast... like she can relate?" Winston questioned. "Dude maybe we should rob her tomorrow and just ditch her ass." Conner smirked. "No Con." Brooks furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would we do that? She hasn't called the police and she's letting us stay here until we figure out what to do next." Miles retorted with a stank face. "She hasn't yet." Conner replied. "That gives us the reason not to." Brooks stated rolling his eyes. "Never knew you'd be the first to go soft." Conner said under his breath. "Whoa what the fuck." Winston commented shocked. "All i'm saying is that for some reason you've taken a protective role over her. Yet you don't even know her that well... it's fishy." Conner shrugged. "Do you want to go back to jail? If they find us we will be gone in max prison for the rest of our lives." Brooks asked raising his voice. "Conner did you have a better plan than Brooks? Where would we go?" Miles waved his hands. "Brooks only stuck with his plan because he doesn't want to leave his bitch." Conner spit. "What did you say about her?" Brooks froze with anger. "I said you don't want to leave your bit-"

Conner didn't finish his sentence to say the least as Brooks has punched him right in his jaw. Conner stumbled into a table and hit back. Soon enough the two men were in a full on fight as Brooks had pinned Conner to the ground and punched him straight in the nose. Conner shoved him off and had punched Brooks in the stomach. Just before brooks could throw another punch to defend his case Miles had pushed the two so hard they both fell onto the floor causing the fight to stop. Winton stood in between them making sure they wouldn't continue. When the two stood up glaring at one another Miles was the first to speak.

"Are you guys kidding me!? We just got into the clear and you two fight?" Miles exclaimed. "You guys are dumbasses." Winston rolled his eyes sitting at his computer. "It's his fault." Brooks said motioning towards Conner. "I don't need this shit." Conner grumbled. "And where exactly are you going to stay?" Winston asked looking away from the data of his computer. "I'll be fine, I handled myself before we formed this group and I can again." conner stated grabbing his jacket and walking towards the door. "What are you going to tell Keilani? You look like shit, she's gonna know." Winston said while motioning for Miles to come to the computer. "I'm gonna tell her that I will be back soon and just ditch, if I want to come back or if you guys need me give me a call." Conner said opening the door and walking out. "He's fucked." Miles rolled his eyes. "Keilani won't let him leave." Winston replied looking at the standing man.

What the boys knew but Conner would never admit is that he would never leave his men. Conner actually went upstairs to have a little conversation with Keilani. "Conner what the hell happened to your face?" A voice said to him as soon as he walked into the kitchen.

"Uh, me and Brooks got into it." He shrugged sitting into a chair. "Brooks and I." Bren corrected while biting into a cookie. "What?" Conner asked genuinely confused. "Nothing, she's a grammar natzi." Keilani replied while looking at his face.

Marina walked in with a first aid kit and nodded towards the girls. They got the message that she wanted to be alone with him and ask him what had happened.

"Do you boys like movies?" Bren asked Conner. "Yeah, Miles likes 21 Jump Street, Winston likes comedies, and Brooks doesn't care he just likes background noise." He responded. "Alright we'll go put it on, Marina please handle this big mess." Keilani sighed and walked in the direction of the living room. "Oh my god this shit good." Bren said with a mouthful of cookie. "What a lady." Marina laughed as Bren stuck her tongue out and left the kitchen with arms full of snacks, she wanted people to think that it was for them but secretly it was all for her.

Marina walked towards him with a first aid kit and a bunch of questions on her mind. She had made sure to put on a strong front but she was mesmerized by him in every way possible.

"Tell me if this hurts and I'll try to fix it." Marina said beginning to tend to his face. "I'm a big boy i'm pretty sure I can handle myself." Conner smirked. "Well then I won't be as gentle." Marina giggled. "I'm not gentle in anyway possible so try me short stack." Conner smiled.

It had been the first time he smiled in forever. The last time he smiled was when he and Miles came up with the plan for the heist.

"What made you become a felon?" Marina asked him focused on his split eyebrow. "No one really wants to be a felon, it just happens." Conner shrugged. "What was your first ever crime?" She asked thoughtfully. "Well my first ever was the night before prom, I stole condoms." They both laughed. "But my first ever serious thing was robbing this dude outside of a movie theatre, after that the cops were looking for me and I had to hotwire a car and get the hell out, the cops found me and put me in jail, that's where I met the boys." He recalled to the woman fixing his face. "Did you just not have money?" Marina asked with furrowed eyebrows. "At the time no, I was trying to impress a girl but she ended up liking one of her guy friends so I kind of lost her." He shrugged once again. "Well that's her loss." She replied focusing on his busted lip. "Who would want a felon anyway?" He questioned her for a change. "Well real people who are able to see the story see a person who was just making a mistake, it's the actions after that make the man. I like loyal, and believe it or not I like hard to get people." "Hard to get?" "Yeah, I like when you have to break the tough barrier. It lets me know they're human with real issues that only one person can break down." She replied like it was simple. "Well i'm a very tough guy." He stared into her eyes. "Well lucky me." She smiled finishing up. "Hell yeah luck you." He smirked. "Knock it off." She giggled looking into his eyes. "What if I don't want to?" He stood out of the chair hovering over the girl.

Marina was in a trance as she looked into his eyes and could feel the sexual tension. She had no idea what to do next. The longer she looked into his eyes the more she could see who he was truly, no one understood him but in that moment she knew everything she had to know. He was a dangerous man who only needed one thing to not be so mad and dangerous. She not only had never had it but needed and craved a man who wanted to give it... Love.

"Why are you hesitating?" She asked her eyes never leaving his. "You're small, I could really hurt someone like you." He replied not missing a beat. "Try me." She motioned.

No one would've guessed that it would be these two with minimal knowledge of each other to kiss. Yet to her it wasn't a kiss, It was a burning passion that told her she was right.

As their lips locked and she leaned up, his hands found themselves around her waist and placing her on the counter for better access to her lips. What started simple became heated when her hands tugged on his hair and he let out a low grunt and bit her bottom lip. He kissed her softly once more and pulled away out of breath.

"I had to stop before I did some damage." He smiled. "We'll save that for another time." She smiled back. "There will be more times?" He asked shocked since no woman had ever wanted him. "Many." She smiled. "Let's hope next time is in your room and pray sex won't be where I eat." Bren said in the doorway then walked out with a laugh. The two looked at each other kissing one last time before walking into the livingroom hand-in-hand.

Downstairs in the basement, the boys had seen the whole thing, Miles had his mouth hanging as Winston smirked. Brooks was secretly happy for him, yet he was jealous, but of what?