15.

"This guy's good, Hawk," Cane grunted, his body swaying slightly every time Hawk jabbed at the punching bag.

"I know," Hawk said, breathless, punching out a one-two combo that nearly knocked Cane on his ass.

"Really good," Cane elaborated.

"Cane," Hawk said, pausing for a second and staring Cane in the eyes, "I know."

He started jabbing again, loving the loud smack his fist made against the bag, and the energy and power released with every hit.

"You're going to have to be on your A-game when you go against him. No fuck ups, no distractions, you feel me?"

"By no distractions you mean..."

"Hazel."

Hawk stopped and leaned against the bag, barely winded.

"Dammit, Cane, I thought we were over this shit," he growled.

"I like her fine, Hawk, and now I know she likes you a lot, too-"

"Loves me," Hawk interjected, moving back to start jabbing at the punching bag again.

"What?" Cane asked.

"She doesn't like me a lot, she loves me," Hawk said with a grin.

At this news, Cane blinked and almost fell to the ground when the next jab came.

"Do you love her?" he asked.

"Fuck, yes," Hawk growled with no hesitation.

"Wow, that's...new," Cane muttered.

"She's not going anywhere, Cane. I swear to God, I'm going to marry that girl some day," Hawk promised.

"Wow, that's...wow," Cane swallowed.

When he recovered, he straightened up and looked Hawk in the eyes.

"Still, no distractions and no matter how much I like her, she's a distraction."

"Dude, I promise, not having her around is much more distracting than having her around."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning, when she's around and I can see and feel for myself that she's okay, then I can focus. When she's somewhere else and I have no clue what she's doing, who she's doing it with, whether or not she's safe...fuck, man, my mind just runs with it."

"You've got it bad, Hawk."

"Nah, man, I've got it good," Hawk chuckled.

"Fuck," Cane grunted, backing up against the wall and taking a few deep breaths, "I need...a break."

"Dude, you're not even the one working out," Hawk said, raising his eyebrows up and down and jumping in place.

"Why do you have so much fucking energy? It's like-"

Cane paused and closed his eyes, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Shit," he whispered.

"What?"

"Hawk, come here," Cane ordered, standing up.

Hawk hesitated then shook his head.

"No."

"Hawk, come here," Cane repeated on a growl.

Hawk rolled his eyes and walked over, only because he didn't want to stand there all day arguing.

Cane leaned forward and looked into Hawk's eyes.

Cane sighed and held out his hand.

"Give me your phone," he said.

Hawk's brows lowered.

"No. Why?"

"Because, Hawk, you're in the middle of a mood swing and if you get pissed and call someone, Hazel for example, you might say something you regret it. Also, until you're back to normal, you're staying with me."

As expected, Hawk immediately went on the defense.

"Hey, fuck you, man. You don't tell me when I talk to my girl," he growled.

"Hawk, calm down-"

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down! You're going to take my fucking phone? What am I, eleven?"

"You're sure acting like it. Just give me the phone, and come back to my hotel room," Cane said calmly.

Hawk sneered and turned to walk away.

"Not fucking happening," he muttered, going to contacts and pressing Hazel.

It rang six times before he got her voicemail. He growled in frustration and tried again. No answer. By the time he had gotten to their suite, he had called her six times, no answer. His hands were shaking so badly, it took him four tries to open the door. When he finally got it open, he had worked himself into a rage.

He stormed in.

"Shoes!"

He didn't stop to take his shoes off. He kept going straight into the living room. Hazel turned to him with a sweet smile, which quickly turned into a frown when she saw the look on his face.

"Hawk, are you-"

"I called you," he said, his voice low and guttural. Hazel's eyebrows creased together.

"My phone is in the bedroom."

"I called you," Hawk repeated, "six times."

Hazel's eyebrows shot up and she slowly got up from the chair and walked over to Hawk.

"Well, like I said, my phone is in the bedroom," she repeated in a calm voice. When she got right in front of him, she looked up into his eyes, almost sighing out loud when she saw the color. She had never been around him in the middle of an episode, but she guessed if she couldn't handle it, there would be no future for them.

"When I'm not home, you fucking keep your phone on you at all times, got me?" Hawk growled.

"Watch your language," Hazel hissed.

"Why? Who's here?" Hawk asked, his eyes going wide as his head swung around, searching for another man.

"Cece!" Hazel said, exasperated.

Hawk's gaze centered in on Hazel again and she saw it.

He had been worked up a few seconds ago, and instead of letting it go when he realized he was wrong like most people could do, it was all there. In his eyes. He needed some release.

Well, she could give him some fucking release.

Hawk's mouth turned up into a lazy, cocky grin as he folded his arms behind his head.

"Holy shit," Hazel panted. She grabbed the edge of the sheet and pulled it up to her chest.

"Yeah," Hawk agreed, looking incredibly smug as he hooked an arm around her waist and brought her back into his front.

"How did you-"

"Shh," Hawk interrupted, kissing the top of her head.

"But, that was-"

"I know, baby," he again cut her off.

"You're a fucking genius," Hazel finally settled on with a sigh.

"Don't forget it."