Chapter Seven

EDITED ON 5/30/2020

Few things before we start!

Thank you for the reads and votes! Please, please continue to vote and comment, it makes my day! I follow back when you follow me. I do intend to take this all the way to the end of Shadowhunters and beyond with changes of course. As of right now, I'm unsure if I will have Malec break up Season 2. I will keep the Season 3 break up, I intend to bring Rafael and Max into the picture as well. Clace will not happen in this story as Jace is now Clary's adoptive brother but I will, starting now, be holding an open vote. Comment and tell me who you think Clary should end up with. I'll list some possibilities, but please give me your ideas as well. Also, if you have any ideas as to how the story should continue to develop I'd love to hear them and will try to incorporate them if they hold true to how I view this story.

My ideas:

Raphael (I like this idea, a lot)
Simon (although I love him with Izzy)
Meliorn (eh)
Lorenzo (I had someone suggest this and while I don't see it going anywhere, thought I'd share just in case)

So please vote on who Clary should end up with! Let me know what you think, comment some ideas and vote on the story as well! Love you all!

Blue light streamed past Clary, catching Alec. She recognized it as Magnus' magic before she even turned to see him.

"Oh, my God!" She breathed in relief as the tear came quicker, streaming down her cheeks in rivers. She turned to see Magnus, hand outstretched, standing behind her with a look of pure fear rippling across his features.

Using his magic, Magnus pulled Alec back up onto the ledge and made him step off it onto the roof and slump down onto the ground.

Izzy and Jace rushed out onto the roof as Magnus went to check Alec's pulse after he'd sedated him.

"What happened?" Izzy asked, embracing her sister.

"All of the sudden he started talking about how I hated him for killing Jocelyn."

Izzy, Jace and Clary joined Magnus kneeling by Alec's side.

Maryse barreled through the roof door and towards her children and Magnus. "Alec?!" She shrieked.

"It's okay." Magnus assured her. "I sedated him when I pulled him from the ledge."

Maryse knelt between Izzy and Jace and reached out to her son.

"You know what. You stay away from him. You can't be trusted." Jace pointed at their mother.

"I can't be trusted?" She snapped. "Now you see why I was wary of having a party at a warlock's house." She glared at Magnus.

"Whoa. What's going on here?" Simon asked as he joined the others on the roof.

"What do you care?" Clary asked from her place in between Jace and Magnus, holding her brother's limp hand. "Maia's at the bar."

"Yes." Simon agreed. "And Alec's on the ground. Is he going to be okay?"

"You're all going to be okay." Magnus interrupted, standing up. "Everyone just stay here; I'll be right back."

Magnus left the roof at a brisk walk, nearly running. He'd been gone less than a minute when Maryse stood up and turned on Clary.

"What did you say to my son?" She demanded. "Don't you think Alec feels guilty enough?"

"Listen." Clary snapped. "I did nothing! I did not bring him up here, I followed him. And I thought I was your daughter, now. Not your enemy."

When Magnus returned to the group, they'd left Alec's side in favor of yelling at one another. Jace and Simon were both red in the face, shouting at one another and gaining volume. Izzy and Clary were yelling at Maryse who was holding her own against her daughters just fine.