Chapter Thirty Six

EDITED 5/30/2020

Clary blinked and Wesley had somehow moved to be lying next to her, reading a book with her tucked into his side and a hand carding through her hair.

"What?" Clary sat up.

"Hey.. how do you feel?" Wesley set the book aside and turned in to her.

"Tingly." Clary blew her breath through her nose and allowed Wesley to thread his fingers through hers. She noticed that he had left his glamour down and it made her smile. "It's like there's something under my skin trying to get out."

"That's your magic." He said. Wesley grabbed a piece of her hair and brought it around for her to see.

"My hair is blue?" Clary asked, looking down at it and touching it.

"Not completely." Wesley said. "Looks like highlights."

Wesley ran a hand over her head and pressed a kiss to her forehead, nose and lips. "I'm going to take a shower and then bring you some food. Want me to wake him up for you?" He nodded over to Magnus who was asleep in the armchair next to the bed.

"I'll do it." Clary sat up.

"Okay." Wesley got up and headed towards the door. "Salad or grilled cheese?"

"Mm. Grilled cheese."

"Got it." He left the room and Clary pushed the blankets off of her. She swung her feet over the edge of her bed. She adjusted her short shorts that had rode up on her thighs and pulled down her black t-shirt that had rode up to show her stomach. She noticed the lack of runes on her skin and she couldn't bring herself to miss them.

Clary moved over to where Magnus was sitting, and she contemplated how to wake him. She decided the good-old-fashioned shake of the shoulder would work. She reached over and touched him, and as soon as she did she felt a blinding pain go through her head and she doubled over. She was pretty sure she cried out because Magnus startled awake. He looked at her with panic in his eyes and grabbed her by the arms.

He was saying something, his mouth was moving but her vision was getting darker and her ears were ringing. Magnus stood up just as she passed out and fell into his arms.

-----------------------------------

Alec ran into the room to see his husband standing in front of the armchair, his sister unconscious in his arms.

"What happened?" Alec jogged up and looked at her pale face. "I heard screaming."

"I don't know." Magnus brushed past him and put her back on the bed. "I woke up to her standing over me, screaming."

"Could something have gone wrong with the ritual?" Alec said. "It looked fine to me, but I don't remember most of mine."

Wesley ran into the room, hair still wet. "What the hell happened? She was just fine! She was talking and everything."

"I don't know!" Magnus leaned over her only to have Clary sit straight up and knock him in the head. "Ah, damn it." He cursed.

Clary stared at him for a long moment before throwing herself into his arms and beginning to sob.

"What's going on?" Alec murmured to Wesley.

Wesley shook his head, looking completely lost. He looked helpless. "I wish I knew."

---------------------------------------------------

"No, Clary you can't go in there." Magnus chased the three-year-old into his work room.