Chapter Forty One

EDITED 5/30/2020

Hey, all: So apparently I have not been clear for dozens of chapters, I have just been told that someone has been confused on Alec and Magnus and which one is Dad and which one is Papa. Madzie, Clary and Raphael will all stick to this, like it has been nearly the entire story (and how it is in the books) Alec: Dad/Daddy Magnus: Papa. I'm sorry, I thought I had been as clear as I possibly could have been. Please in the comments let me know so that I know to be more clear - were you confused by this?

Jem stepped into the warehouse and found Izzy, Simon and a man he didn't recognize standing in the middle of it.

"Jem?" Izzy called in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Jem approached the group and saw that they had the Malachi configuration set up behind them.

"Clary sent me," He was staring warily at the set up. What were they up to? "She said to help you and to give you this." He handed her the paper.

"What's going on here?" Jem asked them.

"Why couldn't Clary come?" Simon ignored Jem's question.

"She collapsed in the weapons room." Jem told them. "Alec took her to the Infirmary. Whatever this is, can we get started. I don't mean to rush you, but I have a ceremony I'm participating in this afternoon."

"Yeah, sorry." Izzy shook her head. "I almost forgot, you and Alec are becoming Parabatai today."

Jem nodded and smiled at her. "So, what is this?" He gestured to the Malachi Configuration.

"We're going to summon Lilith and make her tell us how to free Clary from Jonathan." Izzy informed him.

"Excuse me?" Jem demanded. "Have you all lost it? You plan on summoning the Queen of Hell?"

"It's the only way we could think of to help Clary!" Isabelle retorted. "Now are you in or out?"

Jem sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I suppose I'm in, aren't I?"

The smile on Izzy's face only scared him more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alec had wanted to put the cabinet meeting off, he really had, but he couldn't let his duties to the Institute and to the Downworld slip. So, here he was, sitting in a conference room at the table with his husband, his son, Luke and Meliorn. Alec was rather bored, listening to Meliorn drone on about the Seelie Queen's issues with Nephilim.

He often exchanged glances with either Magnus and Raphael and on occasion, Luke. He was bored out of his mind and he could tell the other men were as well. Just as he was wishing for something more interesting, the new Inquisitor, Horace Dearborn and several Shadowhunters marched in.

"Inquisitor, what . . " Alec sat up from where he was slouched.

"Alexander Lightwood," Two Shadowhunters came up to him, grabbed him by the tops of his arms and hauled him out of his seat, they cuffed his wrists behind his back. "You are under arrest for crimes against the Clave."

"What?" Alec demanded as the Downworlders at the table all jumped up and began protesting. "I haven't done anything!"

"Oh," Dearborn raised his eyebrows in false surprise. "So, you did not become part Warlock recently, without informing the Clave? If we were to take your blood it would not have demonic qualities?"

Alec stayed silent, opting to not incriminate himself further.

"That's what I thought." Dearborn said smugly. He turned to the Shadowhunters holding Alec. "Take him to the Guard. We'll hold him there until his trial." He looked back at Magnus with an air of superiority. "His private trial."