You Need to Tell Him

So, I wrote this when it was late at night with a random burst of inspiration. I don't really like it but whatever. Deleted half of it by accident. Rewrote it just now. Apologies for any mistakes, feel free to mark them for me in the comments.
Also from a story standpoint, this is taking place before Civil War.

"You need to tell Anthony it was him!"

The yell echoed through the abandoned area. Two figures were present. The Star Spangled man himself, and the one lady cunning enough to figure him out.

Hi! You're probably wondering how I got into this situation and- okay this is supposed to be serious.

Loki had been suspicious of Steve's actions from the very beginning. And Steve knew he couldn't lie to The Goddess of Lies. Everything was right there, so he had to come clean. The moment he did though, Loki insisted on telling Stark the truth about his parents. And Bucky.

"You don't know what he'll do to Bucky! We need to keep him safe!" Steve had retorted.

Loki pinches the bridge of her nose. "You shouldn't underestimate him Rogers.
What happens when Stark finds out?! Because he will-"

"No he won't! Not if we're careful." Steve cut her off. "No offence, but I don't think you're the one who can talk about telling the truth."

Loki had heard those words a thousand times in a thousand different ways. It didn't make it hurt any less, but it made hiding that hurt a lot easier. Despite this, Steve had realized the boundary he had overstepped.

"Look, you have to understand," he explained. "If he finds out, Bucky will be in far more danger than he already is, for something that isn't his fault."

Loki's expression softened. She knew. She knew all too well. Her gaze left his and centred on a nearby discarded pile of supplies. Steve took her brief hesitance to keep going.

He took a few steps forward causing the goddess to flinch. "There are people who don't understand. It's complicated, but I just want to get him out of danger. Please Loki. You can't tell anyone about this. Please."

Now he dares to play kind.

Her glare returned its path to his face, now causing him to flinch.

"I do not know if Thor has told you, but I of all people should know that lies like this are bound to end with chaos. The one thing about being a liar is being aware of the time and place to lie, and the consequences of doing so."

With grave finality, she spoke. "He needs to know."

Fear and disappointment filled Steve's eyes. "-but I am not the one to tell him."

The captain let out a sigh of relief that was quickly cut off by Loki's glare. She stepped towards him, leaving little distance. Her words were quiet but stern. "When he finds out, you will reap the consequences you sow, and no one is required to be here and hold your hand through it. I will not be brought down with your senseless ideas. I am clear in my words, am I not?!"

The captain reapplied a stern face to match her words. "Crystal."

Loki did not speak. The nails of her first two fingers, along with her eyes, glowed a bright green. She brought them across her lips in a sealing motion, the magic of her hands leaving a thread that sewed her lips together. Once reaching the corner of her lips, she twisted her fingers and sealed the magic in place. Her closed fist dropped to her side, and the magic faded away as if it were not there to begin with.

"I was never here." Her words held venom and promise; a promise to vengeance if they were broken.

She turned to leave, the clicking of her heeled boots the only thing that echoed in the building. She paused however, and tossed back whatever was contained in her closed fist, which Steve caught with an unsure hand.

"A parting gift," the lady said, her next words surprisingly in a sadder tone. "Being this careless with the trust of a person like Anthony is a dangerous mistake, but also a great loss. It is a shame you do not see that."

With her parting words, she left in a string of green mist out the nearest window.

Steve looked down at the object; a key with a green gem that mocked his shield's star. A reminder. He let out a sigh that echoed disappointment.

It seemed she would always be for herself.